Developing high-quality, customized solutions
Polyurethanes are one of the most versatile plastic materials available. They are light weight, can be molded into unusual shapes, offer durability and are very cost effective. Depending upon the types of isocyanates and polyols used to make them, polyurethanes can be soft and elastic or tough and rigid, equipping them to meet a variety of application needs. One of the most popular features is its ability to be turned into foam.
Key product groups include polyurethane systems, polyurethane components (isocyanates and polyols) and polyurethane additives.
- BETAFOAM™ Polyurethane Foams – two-component polyurethane foams for use in structural and acoustical performance in automotive applications, combining insulating and sealing performance while offering NVH (noise, vibration and harshness), stiffness and energy management benefits
- DELTA THERM™ Polyurethane Foam – a cost-effective, energy-efficient foam used for cold storage solutions such as blowing agents, refrigerated transportation and insulated metal panels
- DIAMONDLOCK™ Polyurethane Adhesives – a pourable one-component, moisture-cured polyurethane adhesive ideal for recycled rubber crumb flooring installation
- ENERLYTE™ Polyurethane Elastomer - an environment friendly solution using water-blown polyurethane specifically developed to enhance the performance of full or midsoles in casual, trekking and athletic footwear
- MOR-AD™ Systems – a one or two-part urethane adhesive designed for semi-continuous laminators
- SPECFIL™ Systems - polyurethane adhesives and sealants used to assemble filters for air oil and lubricants for internal combustion engines
- SPECFLEX™ Polyurethane Systems – provide excellent tensile properties, outstanding color retention during processing, excellent adhesion to substrates and durability to cushioning and seating applications
- TRAFFIDECK™ GO Anti-Slip Spray - offers a portfolio of innovative transportation flooring solutions, which are tailored to a broad range of transportation requirements
- VORACOR™ Systems - enables custom formulated chemistry to deliver optimal performance at the right cost for high pressure system
- VORAGUARD™ - provides manufacturers of flexible polyurethane foams for furniture, bedding and seating applications with a powerful solution to increase comfort levels and ease regulatory compliance, all while reducing raw material components and simplifying foam processing and storage
- VORALUX™ Systems - offer excellent characteristics of durability, comfort, low weight and hygiene for foams with different density, hardness, and resilience
- VORAMER™ Binder Systems - used as binders in a variety of recycling applications, bonding together different kinds of shredded materials such as rubber, flexible polyurethane foams, EVA, cork, gravel and wood mulch
- VORASTAR™ Polyurethane Systems – spray elastomer systems that provide high-performing, chemical-resistant, UV-stable solutions for protecting infrastructure from harsh environmental conditions
Isocyanates are highly reactive, low molecular weight chemicals used to manufacture flexible and rigid foams, adhesives and sealants, paint and varnish coatings, and durable elastomers. MDI (methylene diphenyl diisocyanate) can be used to make flexible and semi-rigid foams for insulation, mattresses, seats, automotive components and shoe soles. TDI (toluene diisocyanate) is primarily used in flexible applications like foam cushions for furniture and car seats.
- ISONATE™ Isocyanates – provide high purity, low acidity and reproducible reactivity as components in coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers
- PAPI™ Isocyanates – offer resistance to heat distortion and excellent strength properties at low densities in various foams (semi-rigid, rigid, viscoelastic slab) and structural RIM processing
- VORANATE™ Isocyanates – deliver high resiliency, high quality and excellent purity for a variety of high-resilience/flexible molding, TDI molding, formulating (systems) and flexible slabstock applications
- ISOBIND™ Isocyanates – used in composite wood products (such as bonding agrifiber furnish that is dried to a wide range of moisture contents) to provide excellent bond durability and good dimensional stability
Polyether or polyester polyols are combined with isocyanates and other additives to produce polyurethane foams or semi-rigid polyurethane plastics.
- VORANOL™ Polyether Polyols – cover a wide range of low and high-functionality initiators and building blocks to enhance performance and processing attributes of flexible and semi-flexible slabstock and molded foam applications; well-suited for production of high-resiliency (HR) flexible continuous and molded foams as well as to formulate coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers
- VORAPEL™ Polyether Polyols – designed to increase hydrophobicity of coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers
- VORAGUARD™ Polyether Polyols – provide excellent fire retardant properties, ultra-low emissions and increased comfort levels in flexible foams for furniture, bedding and seating applications; ease regulatory compliance and simplify foam processing and storage
- VORASPEC™ Urethane Acrylate – improve the toughness of epoxy coating and adhesives systems and significantly improve flexibility and impact resistance in composites and structural adhesives
- SPECFLEX™ Activ Additive Polyols – high and specifically balanced catalytic activity allows foam makers to reduce or even eliminate the addition of catalysts
- BESTER™ Saturated Polyester Polyols – offer high thermal stability, good flexibility at various temperatures, hardness, hydrolytic stability, solvent resistance and good adhesion to wood, metals, paper and plastic for industrial polyurethane adhesives, polyurethane coatings, thermoplastic polyurethanes, cast elastomers and slabstock foams
Enhance the processing and performance of polyurethane foams and semi-rigid plastics with polyurethane additives.
- VORASURF™ Polyurethane Additives – improve emulsification, increase ingredient compatibility and decrease surface tension in a wide range of polyurethane foam systems (flexible, rigid, microcellular, molded, spray, pour-in-place, flexible slabstock), and improve nucleation, prevent coalescence and stabilize cell membranes in foams