A competitive edge on protection
Stretch film traditionally used in protecting pallets of goods through storage and distribution has become more effective and better equipped to work with converters’ high-speed machines. The difference is that core layers are now often based on high-performance polymers. These important details deliver strong benefits across the value chain.
Benefits of Stretch Hood Films across the value chain
Efficient and cost competitive film production through:
- Downgauging potential
- High output and holding force
- Consistent cling and more
Efficient and cost competitive packing through:
- Packaging speeds up to 180 pallets per hour
- Flexible technology for manual or machine
- High holding force and tear and puncture resistance
Goods safely transported through:
- Stronger holding force
- Enabling reduction of other packaging elements
- Cost-effective solution
Reduction of wasted goods due to packaging failure through:
- Edge and corner stability film
- Weight optimization
- Improvements also reduce potential of injury to operators
We’ve developed our products for stretch wrap films to tailor to your needs. Whatever the type of film – from hand to machine, from medium to high-stretch – our high-performance resins give the entire value chain the competitive edge. Our products can be used across a wide variety of applications, including:
- Machine wrap standard- medium- and high-performance films ranging from 12-23 μm and 150% to 350% stretch
- Manual wrap conventional and pre-oriented films ranging from 7-23 μm and little to 50% stretch
Why work with Dow?
When it comes to SWF, performance demands are high. Excellent processability and flexibility are important throughout the value chain, and the industry is constantly looking for ways to create stronger, but thinner films. Developing a solution that meets all of these demands is tough, but we’re up to the challenge. Through collaboration at our Pack Studios we can help you to design, develop and test SWF, resulting in improved pallet protection, improved mechanical behaviour and increased sustainability. We even have a portfolio of resins designed to suit different packaging needs, like ELITE™ AT Enhanced Polyethylene Resins for downgauging or Affinity™ Polyolefin Plastomers for superior cling performance.
Want to collaborate? Let’s see how we can accelerate your innovation process. Contact us here.
Got a challenge you need help with? Let’s find the solution.