Design cosmetic packaging to turn heads
From concept to final delivery, we enjoy working with brand owners, designers and converters to develop creative cosmetics packaging that expresses and enhances brand identity. It may not seem obvious, but there is an art to science. Let’s work together using the latest technology and materials to create beautiful skincare and fragrance applications, such as perfume caps and cream jars.
Design freedom using cutting-edge ionomer technology
Creativity should not be inhibited by material capabilities. We’ve designed SURLYN™ Ionomers to support your creative process – not limit it. Whatever statement you are looking to make, SURLYN™ Ionomers can help you get there.
- Unique neutral transparency, even with thick walls, and glossiness
- Moldability, even in complicated shapes or overmolded objects, for an elegant look
- Soft feel and less fingerprint marking
- Excellent chemical and scratch resistance
- Distinctive container shapes and decoration techniques with patented 3D production technology
An easy material to work with
Design freedom is wonderful, but if your material is difficult to work with your design will still be limited. The SURLYN™ Ionomers portfolio offers,
- Easy-to-process blow-molding resins with good scratch resistance, chemical resistance, squeezability and barrier performance
- High-performance extrusion resins well-suited for tubes, sample sachets, pouches, and film-based cosmetics packaging
- You can achieve high transparency and glossiness without the need for an additional production step, one step frosted effects, and more.
Sustainability offering for cosmetics packaging
SURLYN™ Ionomers are renowned for their aesthetic qualities and the creative freedom they offer packaging designers. What’s less well known is that they are also compatible with HDPE recycling streams.
SURLYN™ Ionomers can be recycled at the post-industrial level. Using mechanical recycling, scraps can be recycled to produce perfume caps or other applications such as footwear.
There are limitations to current mechanical recycling streams, both in terms of quality and scalable volumes. That’s why we’re working on using alternative sustainable feedstocks made from both bio-based and plastic waste feedstock respectively to produce SURLYN™ Ionomers to help us and our customers reduce carbon footprint and accelerate circularity.