Delivering quality products and supply reliability
With decades of proven experience supplying a vast number of regulated products – including active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and excipients, silicone elastomers for medical devices and chemistries for pharmaceutical processing – we understand the importance of quality and supply reliability. Look to us for:
- World-scale capabilities – as the recognized market leader in alkoxylation chemistries and plastics additives, we can supply globally at volumes unmatched by our competitors
- Commitment to continued innovation – we are collaborating with our customers to provide innovative solutions and deliver new patented chemistries to the market faster
- Assurance of quality – our back-integration means we have greater control of quality
- Regulatory understanding – we have easily accessible regulatory support documents and regulatory support teams in each geographic region
- Complete technical solutions – from product development support to quality control to regulatory know-how, we are ready to combine our expertise with yours
Meeting your application needs
Providing clarity on what goes into the products we create
What is API in pharmaceuticals?
API stands for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients. No matter what production level you’re seeking, we’re here to support you and your manufacturing processes.
What are active pharmaceutical ingredients?
Active pharmaceutical ingredients can be any substance or mixture of substances that become active ingredients when used in the production of a drug. They are intended to furnish pharmacological activity or other direct effect in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease or to affect the structure and function of the body. From large to small molecule API production, we can deliver a wide range of solvents in every region of the world.
What are excipients?
Excipients are substances formulated with active ingredients for the purpose of long-term stabilization, bulking up solid formulations that contain potent active ingredients in small amounts. Excipients can also aid in the handling of active substance concerns such as facilitating powder flowability or non-stick properties. They can also help in the manufacturing process with aiding in vitro stability such as prevention of denaturation or aggregation over the expected shelf life. Our CARBOWAX™ solutions are recommended for pharmaceutical applications, personal care, and more. To see all of our CARBOWAX™ offerings, explore our excipients.
What are PEGs?
PEGs are Polyethylene Glycols, which are excipients that can be commonly used in oral care products. We offer all of our solid PEGs in flake form—because they’re more efficient and economical to use compared to granula and powder. Plus, with a fully integrated global supply chain, we can create reliable sourcing of PEGs.
When should I use PEG flakes?
Flakes are best when you need fast melting in formulating topicals, tablet coating, or hot melt extrusion.