Delivering quality products and supply reliability
With decades of proven experience supplying a vast number of regulated products – including active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and excipients, silicone elastomers for medical devices and chemistries for pharmaceutical processing – we understand the importance of quality and supply reliability. Look to us for:
- World-scale capabilities – as the recognized market leader in alkoxylation chemistries and plastics additives, we can supply globally at volumes unmatched by our competitors
- Commitment to continued innovation – we are collaborating with our customers to provide innovative solutions and deliver new patented chemistries to the market faster
- Assurance of quality – our back-integration means we have greater control of quality
- Regulatory understanding – we have easily accessible regulatory support documents and regulatory support teams in each geographic region
- Complete technical solutions – from product development support to quality control to regulatory know-how, we are ready to combine our expertise with yours
Meeting your application needs
Providing clarity on what goes into the products we create
Active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) can be any substance or mixture of substances that become active ingredients when used in the production of a drug. They are intended to furnish pharmacological activity or other direct effect in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease or to affect the structure and function of the body.
CARBOWAX™ SENTRY™ Polyethylene Glycols (PEGs) 3350 and 4000 Uninhibited are active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) produced to address the needs of the most stringent requirements of the pharmaceutical industry. These APIs are well-known in the treatment of chronic constipation. Functioning as an osmotic laxative, they offer a mild and effective treatment while minimizing adverse side effects often seen with other laxative types.
Excipients are substances formulated with active ingredients for the purpose of long-term stabilization, bulking up solid formulations that contain potent active ingredients in small amounts. Excipients can also aid in the handling of active substance concerns such as facilitating powder flowability or non-stick properties. They can also help in the manufacturing process with aiding in vitro stability such as prevention of denaturation or aggregation over the expected shelf life. Explore Dow excipients including polyethylene glycols, methoxypolyethylene glycols, edetate disodium and XUS developmental poloxamers that meet the requirements of the consumer health and pharmaceutical applications.
No matter what production level you’re seeking, we’re here to support you and your Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) manufacturing processes. From large to small molecule API production, we can deliver a wide range of solvents and other chemicals in every region of the world.