Ensuring the safety of Dow products in their intended applications through our product stewardship programs and compliance with requirements are the key elements of Dow’s Product Safety Program.
While chemical products provide many benefits to society, they must also be managed in a responsible way to minimize any adverse effects on humans and the environment. Dow employees take this responsibility very seriously working hard to ensure that Dow's products are manufactured, stored, transported, used, disposed and recycled in a manner that shows high regard for human health, safety and environmental stewardship.
To learn more about Dow's product stewardship programs or to obtain specific information about Dow products that you are unable to locate through this site, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-232-2436 or Contact Us.
Dow is fully committed to ensuring compliance with product regulatory requirements around the world.
Dow Application Policies
Medical Applications Policy
NOTICE REGARDING MEDICAL APPLICATION RESTRICTIONS: Dow does not support or intend for its products to be used in:
- long-term or permanent contact with internal bodily fluids or tissues. “Long-term” is contact which exceeds 29 calendar days;
- use in cardiac prosthetic devices regardless of the length of time involved (“cardiac prosthetic devices” include, but are not limited to, pacemaker leads and devices, artificial hearts, heart valves, intra-aortic balloons and control systems, and ventricular bypass-assisted devices);
- use as a critical component in medical devices that support or sustain human life; or
- use specifically by pregnant women or in applications designed specifically to promote or interfere with human reproduction.
- use as an ingredient of a pharmaceutical injectable application.
Dow requests that customers considering use of Dow products in medical applications notify Dow so that appropriate assessments may be conducted. Dow does not endorse or claim suitability of its products for specific medical applications. It is the responsibility of the medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturer to determine that the Dow product is safe, lawful, and technically suitable for the intended use. DOW MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE SUITABILITY OF ANY DOW PRODUCT FOR USE IN MEDICAL APPLICATIONS.
Tobacco and Marijuana Policy
Dow does not support or intend for its products to be used, directly or indirectly, in the production of tobacco, the manufacture of tobacco products, the manufacture and use of electronic cigarettes/vaping, the production of marijuana, or the manufacture of marijuana products intended for human consumption, where the Dow product (or its residues) may be present in the finished product or be alleged to facilitate the delivery of nicotine, other tobacco components, marijuana, or marijuana components.