Helping paper packaging stand up to water, solvents, oil, and grease.
Barrier coatings for paper and paperboard substrates minimize the passage of water and water vapor, solvents, oils, fatty acids, and other substances under a range of temperatures and conditions. Our portfolio of binders and polyolefin dispersions can help formulators enhance coatings to specific performance requirements in a variety of food, dry goods, medical, or consumer product packaging applications. Talk to us about how we can help you:
- Stay in compliance with food contact or medical packaging regulations
- Provide excellent heat sealing and resistance to hot oil and block
- Offer improved sustainability profile through repulpability/recyclability
- Support fluorocarbon-free oil and grease resistance (OGR) performance
- Create high-quality OGR paper food packaging, dryer sheet boxes, paper straws, coated cupstock, and more
Our fluorocarbon-free RHOBARR™ Binders for barrier coating are food contact compliant and exceptional for film formation, flexibility, and block resistance.
Think your paper products could benefit from barrier coatings? Contact our team!
RHOBARR™ Barrier Dispersion
RHOBARR™ 320 Barrier Dispersion, the first aqueous barrier coating designed specifically for paper applications.