Helping paper packaging stand up to water, solvents, oil, and grease
Barrier coatings for paper and paperboard substrates are ideal for products intended to protect against the leakage of water, water vapor, solvents, oils, fatty acids, and other substances. Our portfolio of Barrier Coatings improves the performance and functionality of paper packaging, better protecting the product inside.
Dow’s Barrier Coatings can meet specific performance requirements in a variety of food, dry goods, medical, or consumer product packaging applications. Our fluorocarbon-free RHOBARR™ Barrier Coatings are food contact compliant and maintain flexibility while resisting hot block.
When it comes to Barrier Coatings, we can help you. Talk to us about:
- Staying in compliance with food contact or medical packaging regulations.
- Creating packaging with excellent heat sealing and resistance to hot oil.
- Offering an improved sustainability profile through repulpability/recyclability and reduced coating usage in certain applications.
- Supporting fluorocarbon-free oil and grease resistance (OGR) performance.
- Creating high-quality barrier paper-based packaging - from food packaging, cups, containers, to consumer products packaging.
Do you think your paper products could benefit from RHOBARR™ Barrier Coatings from Dow? Contact our team today!
RHOBARR™ 320 Barrier Dispersion for Paper Coatings
Award-Winning Barrier Coatings from Dow