Addressing renewable energy challenges and protecting our natural resources
As the global fight against climate change intensifies, we need sustainable solutions to provide energy – one of society’s basic needs – to communities across the globe. From polyolefin and silicone-based solutions to protect photovoltaic cells, to heat transfer fluids used in concentrated solar power and geothermal systems, and polyurethane-carbon fiber technology for next-generation wind blades, our renewable energy technologies help address industry challenges in meaningful, increasingly sustainable ways.
Discover solutions that help photovoltaic module and utilities manufacturers improve durability and increase efficiency while meeting the most challenging application requirements with:
- Photovoltaics and solar solutions – Innovative materials encompass applications such as encapsulants for solar cells and electronics, potting agents, silicone coatings, frame sealants, and adhesives for junction boxes and rail bonding, as well as decorative glass coatings for building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV). Our proven portfolio of heat transfer fluids comprises optimized technologies for almost any heat transfer application, and we’ve proven it where it counts most: in many of the largest Parabolic Trough Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) projects under the sun.
- Energy storage and power management – Advanced materials used in battery storage systems and power management devices, including silicone foams, adhesives, gap fillers and encapsulants.
- Wind energy – Our powerful portfolio of material solutions includes silicone adhesives, sealants and thermally conductive encapsulants, acrylic and MBS impact modifiers for epoxy resins and composites, and a unique partnership marries polyurethane chemistry with carbon fiber for a stronger, lighter composite material used in wind blade spar caps.
Our proven portfolio of heat transfer fluids includes optimized technologies for almost any heat transfer application. Choose the right glycol or propylene glycol-based option for your system with superior heat transfer and geothermal fluids that:
- Enable higher heat transfer efficiency while maintaining pumping efficiency
- Inhibit corrosion
- Offer decreased viscosity
- Reduce contamination hazards
- Offer low acute oral toxicity compared to methanol alternatives
See how the power of Dow silicone material solutions can help you increase the durability and longevity of your most challenging applications. We’d like to collaborate with you on your latest innovations – Let’s talk!