DOWSIL™ Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant
- Dynamically moving joints such as expansion and control joints
- Concrete panel joints
- Tilt-up panel joints
- Curtainwall joints
- Frame-to-structure and perimeter caulking of windows, doors, panels, EIFS, bedding of mullions, panels and frames, etc.
- Primerless on EIFS and most common nonporous building substrates, including glass and aluminum
- Balanced adhesive strength, medium modulus and high recovery
- Excellent all-weather gunnability and performance
- Extension/compression capability of ±25 to ±40 percent
- Available in 10.3 ounce cartridges, 20 ounce sausages and two gallon pails
- Choose from 20 standard colors, 19 special colors and custom colors, too
- 5 Year Weatherseal Limited Warranty
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Adhesion to Yes No Enamelled and Reflective Glass, Extruded Mill Finish, Fluorocarbon Coated Aluminum, Glass, Granite, Alodine Aluminum, Heat Strengthened Glass, Light-Weight Stone Panels, Low E Coated Glass, Marble, Masonry, Metal, Metal Panels, Paint, Aluminum, Plastic, Polyester Powder Coated Aluminum/Steel, Stone, Steel, Stainless Steel, Vinyl/PVC-U, Wood, Anodized Aluminum, Limestone, Brickwork, Ceramic, Concrete
- Application Temperature Range Yes No -29 to 49 °C
- Color Yes No White, Grey, Charcoal, Black, Sandstone, Limestone, Bronze, Aluminum, Antique White, Buff, Custom, Light Bronze, Off-White, Precast White, Window Bronze, Geographic Beige, Anodized Aluminum, Redwood Tan, Sandlewood, Mountain Fog, Ivory
- Cure Type Yes No Neutral Cure
- Durometer - Shore A Yes No 20 to 30 Shore A
- Elongation Yes No 550 %
- Movement Capability Yes No -40 to 40 %
- Number of Parts Yes No One
- Peel Strength Yes No 20 to 28 ppi
- Primerless Adhesion Yes No Primerless
- Resistance Type Yes No Ozone Resistance, Thermal Resistance, UV Resistance, Water Resistance
- Room Temperature Cure - Hours Yes No 168 to 336 Hours
- Service Temperature High Yes No 121 °C
- Service Temperature Low Yes No -40 °C
- Shelf Life Yes No 540 Days
- Tack-Free Time-50% RH Yes No 360 Minutes
- Tensile Strength Yes No 180 psi
- Volatile Organic Content Yes No 35 g/liter
No-compromise silicone sealing
This versatile, one-part 100% silicone sealant delivers outstanding life-cycle value and lower installed costs at a price that is competitive in the market. Virtually unaffected by ultraviolet (UV) light and weather extremes, DOWSIL™ Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant provides all-weather application and performance.
Frequently Bought Together
A solventbased silane adhesion promoter for use in construction applications for painted surfaces.
DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part, cold-applied, non-sagging silicone material that cures to a medium modulus silicone rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture.
DOWSIL™ 791 Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, medium-modulus, elastomeric sealant designed for general weathersealing. It is a silicone formulation that cures to a flexible and curable silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 790 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part silicone formulation that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable, fire-resistant, flexible and ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 983 Structural Glazing Sealant Base and Curing Agent
Designed for specialized use where dual structural and weatherseal applications are desired for factory glazing and curtainwall production. Once cured, this structural sealant forms a durable, flexible, watertight bond that can be warranted for 20 years and used in ±25% movement weatherseal applications. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass, alodine, and anodized aluminum1, although DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS is recommended for fast and consistent adhesion, especially to high-performance substrates approved for architectural structural glazing applications.
DOWSIL™ 890-SL Silicone Joint Sealant
A one-part, cold-applied, easy-to-use, self-leveling silicon material that cures to an ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture. The cured silicone rubber remains flexible over the entire temperature range expected in pavement applications.
DOWSIL™ Construction Primer P
An air drying primer supplied as a solution of reactive materials in solvent.
- DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS
DOWSIL™ 982 Silicone Insulating Glass Sealant Base and Catalyst
A two-part silicone sealant designed for use as a secondary sealant in a dual-sealed insulating glass unit, as well as in an insulating glass unit that will be structurally glazed. The product cures to a durable, high-modulus, flexible silicone seal that is chemically stable and creates a weathertight bond. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass and metal substrates, such as galvanized steel and aluminum.
- DOWSIL™ 2-Part Curing Agent
DOWSIL™ 995 Silicone Structural Sealant
A one-component, self-priming, shelf-stable, neutral-cure, elastomeric adhesive specifically formulated for silicone structural glazing and exhibits excellent unprimed adhesion to most building substrates. This product has superior unprimed adhesion for structural glazing applications for hurricane or impact rated windows and doors. It has a movement capability of +/- 50%.
DOWSIL™ 123 Silicone Seal-All Colors
A pre-formed, ultra-low modulus silicone extrusion that is bonded to substrates using DOWSIL™ 791 Silicone Perimeter Sealant or DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant. This product can be used in both new and remedial construction applications.
DOWSIL™ 1200 OS Primer
An air drying primer supplied as a dilute solution of moisture reactive materials in volatile siloxane and is used to improve both the quality and speed of adhesion development to room temperature vulcanizing silicone sealants to a variety of common non-porous substrates.
DOWSIL™ 756 SMS Building Sealant
A medium-modulus elastomeric sealant designed for weatherproofing sensitive porous stone and metal panel substrates to reduce residue rundown and substrate staining in new and remedial construction.
DOWSIL™ 1199 Silicone Glazing Sealant
A one-part, neutral-cure RTV sealant ideal for automated glazing systems. It offers outstanding adhesion which makes this product excellent for use as a backbedding sealant on sash, as well as cap, toe or heel bead applications. It is specially formulated to meet the demanding requirements as a back-bedding sealant for the high-speed manufacturing of windows and doors.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.