Fascinating Silicones Electronics and Lighting
Silicone Solutions Showcase: Electronics and Lighting
Fascinating Silicone from Dow for the Electronics and Lighting Industries
Silicone technology enables a wide range of electronics applications—from cooling sensitive circuits to improving aesthetics performance of consumer devices. Plus advanced silicone materials are powering the LED and lighting revolution by bringing new possibilities in efficiency, light output, energy savings and expressive design.
Adding Performance to Electronics and Lighting
Silicones play a key role in modern Electronics and lighting—from optical silicone materials for LED components to coatings, elastomers and gels for protecting, insulating and encapsulating circuitry and microprocessors, to assembly sealants and adhesives, to removing heat away from the electronic circuitry. Their suitability for such applications stems from their outstanding versatility:
- Silicones can be designed to be either electrically conducting or non-conducting.
- Silicones engineered to be thermally conductive have thermal management capabilities that minimize heat build-up.
- Silicones can provide the optical clarity and light transmittance required for many advanced photonic and LED applications, and offer additional design flexibility as well.
- Silicones offer the adhesion, flexibility and resilience required to seal and protect electronic devices from moisture, dust, and mechanical stress caused by impact and vibration.
- Silicones resist heat and cold, thermal shock, oxidation, moisture, chemicals and ultraviolet radiation. This enables them to perform reliably under harsh conditions.
- Silicones are more durable than many organic materials and perform longer under certain conditions.
- Silicones have flowing, wetting, adhesion and cure properties that help speed and simplify processing—and can even eliminate mechanical components. Plus many silicones are repairable and reworkable, which reduces scrap and waste.
Discover More Silicone Solutions for PCB Assembly Solutions
Discover More Silicone Solutions for Lighting