DOWSIL™ Silicone Air Barrier System offers better building performance
High-performance buildings demand exceptional protection. Design with confidence using the DOWSIL™ Silicone Air Barrier System – a variety of silicone technologies that help you build a better barrier to protect the building envelope from air, water and vapor in both renovation and new construction.
The system’s key benefits include:
- Improved energy efficiency and durability
- Airtight performance that exceeds industry standards across a wide range of temperatures
- Long-term UV resistance and enhanced weatherproofing
- Water-based, low-VOC formulation
- Vapor-permeable and breathable
- Primerless adhesion to even the most challenging construction substrates
DOWSIL Silicone Air Barrier System offers better building performance
Learn more about a compatible system that protects buildings from air, water and vapor
The DOWSIL™ Silicone Air Barrier System’s complete offering of compatible accessory materials includes:
Explore our resources to learn what gives the DOWSIL™ Silicone Air Barrier System the potential to outperform current air barrier industry standards.
- DOWSIL™ Silicone Air Barrier System full literature Guide outlines typical properties, system components, application methods and quality control; includes detailed illustrations of product in different applications.
- Air Barrier System Overview provides descriptions of the parts and products of the system and the benefits it can provide for your project such as airtightness, temperature flexibility and UV resistance.
- DEFENDAIR™ 200C Air and Weather Barrier Coating Application Guide provides installation and field testing guidance.
- DOWSIL™ Silicone Transition System Application Guide includes in-shop and field installation instructions with illustrations.
- Air Barrier Drawing Details offers detailed illustrations of product in different applications.
- Air Barrier Tech Talks covers topics about DEFENDAIR™ 200C Air and Weather Barrier Coating absorption rates on various substrates, on damp substrates and in rain, material thickness, certified applicators, warranty and tinting to medium gray.
- DOWSIL™ Air Barrier Coatings Specification, Section 07 27 29 guide specification section has been prepared to assist you in incorporating DOWSIL™ products into construction project specifications (PDF or Word).
Air Barrier Technical Drawings
List of drawings for air barrier system products.