DOWSIL™ 791 Weatherproofing Sealant
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Adhesion to Yes No Enamelled and Reflective Glass, Extruded Mill Finish, Fluorocarbon Coated Aluminum, Glass, Granite, Alodine Aluminum, Heat Strengthened Glass, Light-Weight Stone Panels, Low E Coated Glass, Marble, Masonry, Metal, Metal Panels, Paint, Aluminum, Plastic, Polyester Powder Coated Aluminum/Steel, Silicone, Stone, Steel, Stainless Steel, Vinyl/PVC-U, Wood, Anodized Aluminum, Limestone, Brickwork, Concrete
- Application Temperature Range Yes No 4 to 40 °C
- Color Yes No Black, Bronze, Grey, Limestone, Precast White, White, Custom, Dark Grey, Metal Grey
- Durometer - Shore A Yes No 25 to 30 Shore A
- Flow/Sag (Slump) Yes No 0 mm
- Movement Capability Yes No -50 to 50 %
- Primerless Adhesion Yes No Primerless
- Room Temperature Cure - Days Yes No 7 to 14 Days
- Service Temperature High Yes No 150 °C
- Service Temperature Low Yes No -50 °C
- Specific Gravity @ 25C Yes No 1.51
- Tack-Free Time-50% RH Yes No 45 Minutes
- Tensile Adhesion (T/A) Yes No 120 psi
- Volatile Organic Content Yes No 45 g/liter
- Working Time Yes No 20 Minutes
Solid weatherproofing performance plus outstanding silicone sealant value
One of the most economical options for quality silicone weathersealing, DOWSIL™ 791 Silicone Weatherproofing Sealant is a neutral-cure, one-part sealant that quickly cures to a durable, flexible seal that can accommodate significant joint movement. Especially suited for perimeter sealing around doors and windows, it's also excellent for sealing expansion and control joints, precast concrete panels, curtainwall and mullion joints, and internal seals and end dams.
Frequently Bought Together
DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part, cold-applied, non-sagging silicone material that cures to a medium modulus silicone rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture.
DOWSIL™ 790 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part silicone formulation that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable, fire-resistant, flexible and ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, moisture cure, medium modulus sealant that provides durable, flexible, watertight joints and offers outstanding unprimed adhesion to most non-porous substrates. It is specifically developed for sealing dynamically moving joints.
DOWSIL™ 983 Structural Glazing Sealant Base and Curing Agent
Designed for specialized use where dual structural and weatherseal applications are desired for factory glazing and curtainwall production. Once cured, this structural sealant forms a durable, flexible, watertight bond that can be warranted for 20 years and used in ±25% movement weatherseal applications. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass, alodine, and anodized aluminum1, although DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS is recommended for fast and consistent adhesion, especially to high-performance substrates approved for architectural structural glazing applications.
DOWSIL™ Q1-9226 Thermally Conductive Adhesive
Typical applications include bonding organic and ceramic substrates to heat sinks for electronic control modules in automotive applications. It is a two-part, gray, 1:1 mix ratio, heat cure, moderate flow, self-priming, thermally conductive adhesive.
DOWSIL™ 1199 Silicone Glazing Sealant
A one-part, neutral-cure RTV sealant ideal for automated glazing systems. It offers outstanding adhesion which makes this product excellent for use as a backbedding sealant on sash, as well as cap, toe or heel bead applications. It is specially formulated to meet the demanding requirements as a back-bedding sealant for the high-speed manufacturing of windows and doors.
DOWSIL™ 995 Silicone Structural Sealant
A one-component, self-priming, shelf-stable, neutral-cure, elastomeric adhesive specifically formulated for silicone structural glazing and exhibits excellent unprimed adhesion to most building substrates. This product has superior unprimed adhesion for structural glazing applications for hurricane or impact rated windows and doors. It has a movement capability of +/- 50%.
DOWSIL™ 123 Silicone Seal-All Colors
A pre-formed, ultra-low modulus silicone extrusion that is bonded to substrates using DOWSIL™ 791 Silicone Perimeter Sealant or DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant. This product can be used in both new and remedial construction applications.
XIAMETER™ PMX-200 Silicone Fluid 350 cSt
100% active, 350 cSt, polydimethylsiloxane polymer. INCI Name: Dimethicone
DOWSIL™ 7091 Adhesive Sealant
High performance, neutral cure silicone adhesive/sealant.
- DOWSIL™ 891 Window & Perimeter Sealant
- DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS
DOWSIL™ 756 SMS Building Sealant
A medium-modulus elastomeric sealant designed for weatherproofing sensitive porous stone and metal panel substrates to reduce residue rundown and substrate staining in new and remedial construction.
SYL-OFF™ 4000 Catalyst
General purpose catalyst which is compatible with all Syl-off® brand solvent based and solventless release coating systems as well as Plantinum cure silicone PSAs.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.