Fuel protection solutions tailored for governments, fuel companies and consumers
Discover the broadest range of fuel marker and dye solutions in the marketplace, with ACCUTRACE™ Forensic Molecular Markers, AUTOMATE™ liquid visible dyes, MORTRACE™ extractable or developing markers and SPECTRACE™ direct read molecular markers.
Through innovative fuel marking tools that work to minimize loss from fuel fraud, smuggling and laundering, Dow products contribute to the protection of revenue, and the reduction of pollution and crime for governments, as well as brand ID protection/defense for oil companies.
- Easy, quick and quantifiable detection both on the roadside and in the laboratory
- Robust markers resistant to most known criminal fuel laundering techniques
- Easy to use liquid concentrates
- Stable in fuels and compatible with common fuel additives concentrates
- Chemical structures based on CHNO, same elements present in the fuel itself
Our Fuel Marking Solutions
Dow offers the broadest range of fuel marker and dye solutions in the marketplace, setting the industry standard with innovative solutions.
They enable petroleum product identification with molecular marking technology that is highly resistant to known removal techniques.In 2022, The European Commission selected Dow ACCUTRACE™ Plus Fuel Marker as the new common fiscal marker for tax rebated fuels in the European Union (EU).
- Laundering-resistant forensic molecular markers
- Unique structures not appearing naturally in fuels and lubricants but designed using CHNO
- Analyzed via advanced Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GCMS) methods, detectable at extremely low levels
- Unique, Dow patented technology
- Lab and roadside detection
AUTOMATE™ Liquid Visible Dyes
Used for product coloration and are found to be completely miscible in all petroleum fuels, lubricating oils and many other related hydrocarbon solvents.
- Visible dyes, useful for visual fuel identification
- Solvent-based dyes, easy to use liquid concentrates
MORTRACE™ Extractable or Developing Markers
Used to differentiate various grades or tax classifications of fuel
- Extractable/developing dyes for fuel and brand identification
- Color develops after reagent treatment
- Easy roadside detection method
SPECTRACE™ Direct Read Molecular Markers
Halogen- and metal-free, direct read markers detect tampering using proprietary chemometrics technology
- Molecular markers, useful for fuel and brand identification
- Quantitation based on advanced chemometrics using a customer portable analyzer offering direct reading
- Easy to use roadside detector allows for minimum training and fast program start up
Award-Winning Fuel Marker Technologies
As an industry leader, Dow has helped shape fuel marking programs across the globe while preserving brand and fuel integrity for governments and fuel marketers. Our solutions are C, H, O, N based, contain no metals and halogens-free, the most environmentally friendly chemistry for fuels, and offer the strongest defense against traditional laundering methods and other illegal fuel practices.In 2017, Dow has been recognized with a 2017 Edison Award as one of the most innovative technologies.
Protecting Fuel Brands
Across multiple regions, our fuel marking solutions enable brand ID programs, which help you protect brands and reputations, protect revenues, ensure fuel quality and correct additives dosification, reduce waste and differentiate fuels. We shape and suggest a fuel marking program based on your needs.
Global Government Solutions
As a trusted partner, we offer innovative, award-winning technologies that governments can count on to protect revenue and reduce fuel-related crime. Our products are robust, laundering resistant and covert markers, helping governments to fight fuel fraud and crime, protecting taxpayers’ money.