SYLGARD™ 184 Silicone Elastomer Kit
Two-part, clear, 10:1, RT and heat cure, good strength, UL and Mil Spec, same as SYLGARD™ 182 but with faster RT cure.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color Yes No Clear
- Cure Type Yes No Addition Cure
- Dielectric Constant at 100 Hz Yes No 2.72
- Dielectric Constant at 100 kHz Yes No 2.68
- Dielectric Strength Yes No 500 volts per mil v/mil
- Dissipation Factor at 100 Hz Yes No 0.00257
- Dissipation Factor at 100 kHz Yes No < 0.00133
- Durometer - Shore A Yes No 43 Shore A
- Dynamic Viscosity Yes No 3500 Centipoise
- Flowable Yes No true
- Heat Cure Yes No 35 Minutes @ 100 Deg C, 20 Minutes @ 125 Deg C, 10 Minutes @ 150 Deg C
- Hydrophobic Yes No true
- Low Odor Yes No true
- Mix Ratio Yes No 10:1 Base to Catalyst 87-RC
- Number of Parts Yes No Two
- Polyesters Yes No true
- Resistance Type Yes No Oxidation Resistance, Ozone Resistance, Thermal Resistance, UV Resistance, Water Resistance
- Room Temperature Cure - Hours Yes No 48 Hours
- Self Leveling Yes No true
- Shelf Life Yes No 720 Days
- Solventless Yes No true
- Specific Gravity @ 25C Yes No 1.03
- Temperature Range Yes No -45 to 200 °C
- Temperature Stable Yes No High, Low
- Thermal Conductivity Yes No 0.27 Watts per meter K
- Thermosetting Yes No true
- UL 94 V-0 @ 8.4 mm thickness Yes No true
- UL 94 V-1 @ 6.0 mm thickness Yes No true
- Volume Resistivity Yes No 2.9e+014 ohm-centimeters
- Water Resistant Yes No true
- Working Time Yes No > 90 Minutes
You may also be interested in the following products:
DOWSIL™ 790 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part silicone formulation that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable, fire-resistant, flexible and ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part, cold-applied, non-sagging silicone material that cures to a medium modulus silicone rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture.
DOWSIL™ 983 Structural Glazing Sealant Base and Curing Agent
Designed for specialized use where dual structural and weatherseal applications are desired for factory glazing and curtainwall production. Once cured, this structural sealant forms a durable, flexible, watertight bond that can be warranted for 20 years and used in ±25% movement weatherseal applications. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass, alodine, and anodized aluminum1, although DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS is recommended for fast and consistent adhesion, especially to high-performance substrates approved for architectural structural glazing applications.
DOWSIL™ 756 SMS Building Sealant
A medium-modulus elastomeric sealant designed for weatherproofing sensitive porous stone and metal panel substrates to reduce residue rundown and substrate staining in new and remedial construction.
DOWSIL™ 7091 Adhesive Sealant
High performance, neutral cure silicone adhesive/sealant.
SYL-OFF™ 4000 Catalyst
General purpose catalyst which is compatible with all Syl-off™ brand solvent based and solventless release coating systems as well as Plantinum cure silicone PSAs.
XIAMETER™ PMX-0244 Cyclotetrasiloxane
A volatile methylsiloxane fluid, clear, odorless, VOC-exempt, low toxicity, low surface tension and evaporates completely at room temperature. INCI Name: Cyclotetrasiloxane
DOWSIL™ 995 Silicone Structural Sealant
A one-component, self-priming, shelf-stable, neutral-cure, elastomeric adhesive specifically formulated for silicone structural glazing and exhibits excellent unprimed adhesion to most building substrates. This product has superior unprimed adhesion for structural glazing applications for hurricane or impact rated windows and doors. It has a movement capability of +/- 50%.
DOWSIL™ 791 Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, medium-modulus, elastomeric sealant designed for general weathersealing. It is a silicone formulation that cures to a flexible and curable silicone rubber building joint seal.
XIAMETER™ PMX-200 Silicone Fluid 350 cSt
100% active, 350 cSt, polydimethylsiloxane polymer. INCI Name: Dimethicone
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.