RHOPLEX™ 52 Emulsion
This product is designed to be used in stain blocking interior and exterior primers. It provides excellent tannin and marker stain blocking in zinc oxide-containing and zinc oxide-free formulations, excellent sandability to allow primers to be be quickly topcoated, excellent alkaki resistance minimizing efflorescence, and good adhesion to a variety of substrates including alkyds, wood, masonry, aluminum and steel. The product also has very good enamel holdout properties and can be coalesced with non-volatile plasticisers to formulate primers with <5g/l VOC and is made without APEO-containing surfactants.
- Interior and exterior primers
- Stain blocking primer, sanding primer
- Excellent tannin stain blocking
- Excellent marker and ink stain blocking
- No ZnO needed for stainblocking
- Great sandability
- Resists efflorescence
- Good adhesion
- Good enamel holdout
- Formulation latitude from <5g/L to 100g/L
*made without APEO-containing surfactant
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Solids 45 %
- Chemistry Styrene Acrylic
- Coalescent Demand 3 - 4 %
- ECO Benefits APEO Free, Low VOC Capable
- Exterior Paint: Efflorescence Resistance Best
- Exterior Paint: Light Duty Corrosion Resistance Good
- MFFT-Minimum Film Formation Temp 6 °C
- Primer: Alkyd Adhesion Best
- Primer: Efflorescence Resistance Best
- Primer: Light Duty Corrosion Resistance Good
- Primer: Metal Adhesion Good
- Primer: Sandability Best
- Primer: Stain Blocking Best
- Use Interior, Exterior, Primer
- VOC Capable (g/L) < 50
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.