POLYCO™ 2160 Emulsion
Carboxylated Polyvinyl Acetate Homopolymer with excellent mechanical stability and very low grit levels. Medium particle size with good pigment binding ability and excellent water resistance. Minimizes "water interference mottle" in offset printing and offers good ink receptivity, glueability, and brightness with very low odor. POLYCO™ 2160 Polyvinyl Acetate Homopolymer meets new food compliance requirements (listed below).
- For Paper and Paperboard Coatings
- Offers a good balance of properties for many paper and paperboard applications
- Vinyl acrylic copolymer designed to help replace natural binders such as casein and protein
- Recommended for paper coating applications where improvement in rheology properties is required, along with improved ink and varnish holdout
- Excellent mechanical stability
- Very low grit levels
- Medium particle size with good pigment binding ability
- Excellent water resistance
- Excellent strength properties for offset printingenhanced optical coverage for low brightness base stock
- Excellent glueability properties
- Good glossbalanced ink receptivity to a variety of coating applications
- Provides an economic alternative to natural binder
- Easy to handle and formulate
- Good balance of properties for many paperboard and paper applications
- Large particle size which contributes to improved optical properties
- Exhibits good mechanical stability and exceptional rheology
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Solids Yes No 49-51 %
- % Solids Range Yes No 50 %
- pH Yes No 7
- pH Range Yes No 6.5-8
- Tg-Glass Transition Temp Yes No 37 °C
- Viscosity Yes No 30 cP
- Viscosity Range Yes No <200 cP
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.