MAINCOTE™ PR-71 Emulsion
An aqueous acrylic copolymer emulsion designed for high-performance, anti-corrosive primers for metal substrates. Primers have outstanding adhesion to most metal substrates, including carbon steel, aluminum, galvanized steel and stainless steel. It allows coatings manufacturers to supply primers that not only adhere to difficult metallic substrates, but also have excellent corrosion resistance over steel as well as the ability to be topcoated by most solvent-based coating systems, making it a very versatile waterborne binder for primers. It is a great choice for field applied coatings for industrial maintenance and DIY metal primers, and is also suitable for shop applications on structural steel where adhesion and corrosion resistance are key requirements.
- Industrial Maintenance primers for steel and other metals
- General Industrial Finishes for metal
- Exceptional adhesion to steel and other metals, particularly:
- Smooth and blasted carbon steel
- Galvanized steel – even chrome treated
- Aluminum – even untreated
- Stainless steel
- Good inherent corrosion resistance and reactive pigment stability
- Maintenance of properties even when applied under marginal, low-temperature drying conditions
- Capability of being topcoated by most solvent-borne coatings
- Capability of producing low VOC formulations
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Solids Yes No 73 %
- % Solids Range Yes No 72.0-74.0 %
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
Please Contact Dow for additional information.