DOWSIL™ 896 PanelFix
1-part silicone with immediate initial strength for Panel Bonding applications.
- Factory bonding – In the factory, DOWSIL™ 896 PanelFix is used to bond hooks onto the panel, which is then connected on-site to the subframe. With its extensive movement capability, DOWSIL 896 PanelFix can be used with virtually any size of panel, and its high instant green strength eliminates the need for tape.
- Classic on-site bonding – DOWSIL™ 896 PanelFix and DOWSIL™ PanelFix Tape enable direct application of façade panels to the subframe on-site.
- Very good adhesion properties, with primerless adhesion to a variety of substrates, such as anodized aluminum and mineral substrates
- Immediate tack upon application
- High strength once fully cured
- Ease of use and easy application
- Application, auditing and warranty support via the Dow QUALITY BOND™ program
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Cure Type Yes No Neutral Cure
- Durometer - Shore A Yes No 46 Shore A
- Flow/Sag (Slump) Yes No 0 mm
- Modulus @100% Elongation, maximum Yes No 145.038 psi
- Service Temperature High Yes No 150 °C
- Service Temperature Low Yes No -50 °C
- Shelf Life Yes No 360 Days
- Specific Gravity @ 25C Yes No 1.53
- Tack-Free Time-50% RH Yes No 15 to 20 Minutes
- Tensile Strength Yes No > 145.038 psi
The DOWSIL™ PanelFix System features DOWSIL™ 896 PanelFix silicone adhesive, an elastic adhesive specifically designed for non-glass panel applications that require high durability and fast handling.
The DOWSIL™ PanelFix System enables easy on-site application of façade panels without the aesthetic drawbacks of mechanical fasteners.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No sales specification could be found for this material in selected language