DOWSIL™ 1199 Silicone Glazing Sealant
A one-part, neutral-cure RTV sealant ideal for automated glazing systems. It offers outstanding adhesion which makes this product excellent for use as a backbedding sealant on sash, as well as cap, toe or heel bead applications. It is specially formulated to meet the demanding requirements as a back-bedding sealant for the high-speed manufacturing of windows and doors.
- Excellent weather resistance
- 18-month shelf life DOM
- AAMA Certified
Silicone sealants that meet the demands of automated window and door manufacturing in a variety of colors
DOWSIL™ 1199 Silicone Glazing Sealant is a one-part, neutral cure, RTV sealant specially formulated to meet the requirements of a backbedding sealant in high-speed manufacturing of windows and doors. Its outstanding adhesion and fast-cure nature (skin-over in 4-7 minutes and tack-free in 10-20 minutes) make it ideal for automated glazing, resulting in improved throughput and productivity. DOWSIL™ 1199 Silicone Glazing Sealant is also compatible with most common insulating glass sealants.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Adhesion to Fluorocarbon Coated Aluminum, Glass, Alodine Aluminum, Heat Strengthened Glass, Low E Coated Glass, Metal, Paint, Aluminum, Plastic, Polyester Powder Coated Aluminum/Steel, Steel, Vinyl/PVC-U, Wood, Anodized Aluminum
- Color Beige, Black, Bronze, Clear, Custom, Grey, Light Bronze, Sandbeige, White, Blue White, Forest Green
- Cure Type Oxime Cure
- Durometer - Shore A 23 Shore A
- Elongation 600 %
- Flow/Sag (Slump) < 5.1 mm
- Modulus @100% Elongation, maximum 50 psi
- Movement Capability -25 to 25 %
- Number of Parts One
- Primerless Adhesion Primerless
- Resistance Type Thermal Resistance, UV Resistance, Water Resistance
- Shelf Life 540 Days
- Specific Gravity @ 25C 1.02
- Tack-Free Time-50% RH 20 to 30 Minutes
- Temperature Range -51 to 149 °C
- Tensile Strength 180 psi
- Water Resistant true
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.