DOW™ DGDB-2480 NT High Density Polyethylene Resin
This product is produced using UNIPOL™ process technology. It is intended for use in pipe applications where long term hydrostatic strength and resistance to slow crack growth are desired. Suitable applications include natural gas distribution pipes, large diameter industrial piping, mining, sewage, and municipal water service lines. Industrial Standards Compliance: ASTM D 3350: cell classification - Natural - PE345464A - Black - PE345464C (See NOTES A) Plastics Pipe Institute (PPI): TR-4 - Natural Pipe - DGDB-2480 NT 3408 -- ASTM PE3608 pipe grade - 1600psi HDB @ 73°F - Black Pipe - DGDB-2480 BK 3408 (See NOTES B) -- ASTM PE3608 pipe grade - 1600psi HDB @ 73°F and 800psi HDB @ 140°F National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Standard 14 and 61 - Natural Pipe - DGDB-2480 NT 3608 - Black Pipe - DGDB-2480 BK 3608 (See NOTES B) Consult the regulations for complete details. NOTES: (A) The first five numbers of the cell classification are based on natural resin. The last number and letter are based on black resin (natural resin plus 6.5% DFNF-0092). (B) Natural resin extruded under proper conditions with carbon black masterbatch DFNF-0092 (6.5%).
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- 2% Secant Modulus, MD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No > 827 (> 120
- 2% Secant Modulus, TD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No > 827 (> 120
- Anti-block Yes No false
- Brittleness Temperature in °C(°F) Yes No < -100
- Density (ASTM D792) Yes No 0.945 g/cm3
- Melt Index (g/10min @190°C/21.6 kg) Yes No 0.1
- Slip Yes No false
- Tensile Elongation at Break, MD Yes No 850 %
- Tensile Elongation at Break, TD Yes No 850 %
- Tensile Strength Yield, MD (ASTM D638) in MPa (psi) Yes No 22.1 (3200)
- Tensile Strength Yield, TD (ASTM D638) in MPa (psi) Yes No 22.1 (3200)
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No sales specification could be found for this material in selected language