BETAFOAM™ Acoustical Foam Systems
BETAFOAM™ cavity fill foam offers superior NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) performance in Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles as well as Electric Vehicles (EV). BETAFOAM™ acoustic foams provide highly effective protection against airborne noise, improving overall vehicle acoustic performance when compared to baffle technology.
Cavity fill applications for NVH purposes.
Several BETAFOAM™ products also provide local reinforcement to body structures for crash and energy management.
- Low cost solution providing OEM savings compared to baffles
- Superior NVH performance in ICE and EV vehicles
- Lightweight, mass-efficient solutions that reduce overall vehicle weight
- Long-term performance vs baffles
- Three-dimensional cavity seal
- Does not dislodge over time
- Avoids pinholing
- Recent innovations have reduced capital investment to implement technology
BETAFOAM low-density, lightweight formulations form high-performance acoustical seals to prevent noise from resonating in vehicle cavities. The two-component polyurethane foam consists of a low-MDI prepolymer that reacts with a polyol blend that serves as an acoustic cavity-sealing and blocking foam. These two-component polyurethane foams adhere to primed metal surfaces and combine insulating and sealing performance.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.