Pack Studios Tarragona – globally the 10th Pack Studios of Dow – is equipped with state-of-the-art film production and testing capabilities for primary, secondary and tertiary packaging applications and will facilitate world leading innovation within food and industrial packaging while also serving global label customers with innovative adhesives solutions.
The new Load Stability Innovation Center in Pack Studios Tarragona is a unique offering in the EMEA region and here to support new industrial films developments for testing and trialing films that move goods safely. It is equipped with the latest technologies, e.g. an end-to-end pallet wrapping line, horizontal stability tester and tilting table. Load stability testing is a tool that we can use to help gain insight into ways to increase safety and improve packaging design while reducing waste and costs.
Explore our Capabilities
Robopac Stretch Film Wrapping Machine
- Stretch wrapping machine semi-automated with rotating ring able to run at 50 rpm.
- The machine memory has 15 different programs. One of the best features is the CUBE technology, enabling 12 steps for each program. It means that pallet can be divided into 12 different zones and each zone can have its own wrapping pattern and conditions.
- On top of that it counts on the “roping” option: film can be plicated to rope shape to enhance the wrapping performance and increase the load stability.
- The stretching option goes from 120% to 400%.
- Thickness range will normally go from 14 to 23 microns, lower thickness will depend on the materials performance.
Highlight Industries Tilting Test
- This system is intended to determine the behavior of a wrapped load when subjected to certain tilting angle.
- Two tests will be performed on this equipment: ultimate tilting test and tilting resistance test.
- The ultimate test will determine the maximum tilting angle of a wrapped load before falling.
- The tilting resistance test will determine the behavior of a wrapped load when subjected to certain tilting angle for a determined time
ESTL FEF200 Film Edge Force Measurement
- Online force measuring system for wrapped loads. The device is totally portable, it must be installed in the corner of the pallet, independently from its dimensions. Once installed, the film wrapping can take place and the forces are registered online.
Safeload InnSlide Horizontal Stability Tester
- TesterDuring the distribution cycle, goods are exposed to different forces that may affect their integrity and safety. These forces, which may be caused by acceleration, braking, handling or storing. could result in serious consequences for the goods and the way loads are secured. Transport simulation testing technologies enter the scene to foresee these threats.
- By using data obtained from a packaging transport simulation it is, therefore, possible to design an optimized packaging tailored to real transportation conditions.
- This characterization should not only be applied to the packaging. Knowing the characteristics of the products will help companies to choose or design tertiary packaging to resist the stresses of the distribution cycle.