Meeting demand for performance, processing and sustainability
We can help you with customized backing formulations for rolled or tile carpeting that meet the most demanding expectations for sustainability, durability and processability.
Sustainable and durable choices for premium flooring
We’re always investing in flooring innovation and continually working to make our solutions more sustainable.
- Our portfolio of readily recyclable, olefin-based solutions for carpet backings can help you develop “free-from” carpeting including applications that are phthalate-free, polyvinyl chloride (PVC)-free, bitumen-free and styrene-free).
- In addition, polyolefin elastomers (POEs) and olefin block copolymers (OBCs) can help reduce volatile organic compound (VOC) levels and are well suited to meet a variety of global sustainability standards and certifications.
Style and performance that last
- By teaming up, we can create optimized solutions that look fantastic with virtually seamless appearance, intricate patterns, and excellent coloring.
- POEs and OBCs help enhance the durability and dimensional stability of carpet backings and can even unlock the use of lighter fiber shades.
- Polyurethane technologies for cushioned or non-cushioned backings help carpeting retain its appearance and functionality over a long period of time, even in high-traffic facilities such as schools or airports.
- Our functional polymers and polymer modifiers for PVC-based backing layers can help improve functionality, temperature stability and adhesion, to boost long-term durability and reduce plasticizer migration.
Figure: Deconstructed Carpet Tile
Exceptional processability, layer by layer
Our high-performing and recyclable solutions for carpet backings support a broad range of manufacturing processes for premium flooring, including extrusion coating, hot melt and water-based systems.
Contact us today to learn more about our carpet backing solutions. We hope you’ll join us as we continue to discover exciting new answers to the toughest flooring challenges.
Sign up for email updates
New products, news, events, and more delivered to your inbox.