Winning materials and technologies for artificial turf and sports tracks
Winning sports performances require a combination of strength, flexibility and endurance. Those are just some of the properties also found in the versatile portfolio of products and technologies developed especially for artificial turf playing fields, sports tracks and running tracks.
Advance artificial turf technology
Artificial turf has evolved significantly to become the playing surface of choice for all kinds of sports and recreational activities. Whether it’s for football, soccer, golf, rugby, hockey, or multi-sports recreational fields, you can count on a winning combination of materials and technologies that deliver unparalleled performance, strength and sustainability:
- Softness and resilience – Turf yarn made with ELITE™ or DOWLEX™ polyethylene resins provide the right combination of mechanical toughness, softness and resilience. That means players can safely slide, tackle and fall without nasty abrasions.
- Strength and stability – Polyurethane backing solutions provide a range of benefits to improve turf strength, safety, comfort and durability. It all works together to provide a stable and safe yet resilient surface for play – even when wet.
- Shock absorption – Polyurethane binders and polyolefin materials can be blended and adjusted to provide the right amount of give to address the specific needs of players.
Artificial turf made from recycled materials
We know artificial turf has many environmental benefits, such as reducing water consumption, but we want to take it one step further. In our aim to create a world where the benefits of plastic are matched by its environmental performance, we’ve designed a PCR-rich resin specifically for turf applications. Made with 30% PCR content, REVOLOOP™ XZ 98612.00 can help you get closer to your sustainability goals. Do you want to achieve a circular future for artificial turf? Contact us to find out more about the resin’s availability in your region.
Innovative running track surfaces
Flexible resins and binding technologies enable materials for running and sports surfaces that change the game in terms of traction, aesthetics, durability and more. With our versatile portfolio of materials and technologies, we can help you create superior rubberized surfaces and running tracks that deliver:
- Strength and toughness – High levels of flex-fatigue and weather resistance, along with excellent mechanical properties, enable exceptional durability at lighter weights.
- Sustainability – Safe, non-toxic polymers and waterborne acrylic binders have a positive impact on your environmental scorecard.
- Performance and value – A range of olefin elastomers and binding technologies offer improved economics and overall performance with just the right balance of hardness and elasticity.
- Aesthetics – With virtually odorless materials and polyurethane-based technologies that exhibit a soft touch, high clarity, colorability, color fastness and UV stability, you can develop a lasting solution that is tailored to your needs.
Improve Turf Care Formulations with Wetting Agents
Learn how wetting agents can improve efficiency of turf care formulations – enhance water retention, lower water use and reduce water contamination concerns.