Protecting crops and improving yields
Growing populations and increasing consumer desire for year-round access to fresh produce call for more efficient production and crop protection methods. Polyethylene is a versatile material that can be used for agricultural films to protect crops and improve crop yield. The film is durable and maintains its integrity while being resource-efficient. All of this can translate into a longer harvest period.
Greenhouse and tunnel films offer clear benefits
- Allow for a greater diversify of crop types
- Protect crops from weather conditions and pests
- Reduce thermal shock between day and night
- Ensure effective watering
Polyethylene for greenhouse and tunnel films
Greenhouses and tunnels are generally made at very high layflats, as high as 65 feet. As a result, bubble stability is very important during production. Polyethylene films for these applications must:
- Resist exposure to UV light
- Resist fogging due to condensation of interior moisture
- Resist environmental contaminants (acid rain and particulates)
- Be tough enough to withstand abuse
- Allow the transmission of light
Key technologies for greenhouses and tunnels include DOWLEX™ and DOWLEX™ GM polyethylene resins, and AGILITY™ performance LDPE resins.
We’ve taken our expertise in polyethylene and applied it to our industry knowledge in agriculture to enable high-performance agricultural films. Let’s talk about how we can help you yield your best results.