Premium performance & premium perceptions
OPULUX™ MC Optical Finishes represent an innovative coating technology developed to enhance the visual and tactile consumer experience, promoting a “premium product” perception.
Designed for excellent wear and abrasion resistance on packaging films, label, and other surfaces, these distinctive coatings are delivered through an aqueous, acrylic-based carrier emulsion technology and can be applied using conventional coating or lamination process application technologies and equipment. OPULUX™ MC Optical Finishes can be used for PET, OPP, PE, nylon, paper, and metalized film substrates.
High-quality acrylic beads flow to create a coated surface designed to offer “uniform surface roughness.” This enables a matte appearance without a loss of image clarity.
OPULUX™ MC Optical Finishes offer numerous benefits for the entire value chain:
- Globally compliant, superior soft-touch coating
- FDA CFR 175.105
- EU Compliance
- Fully formulated acrylic water-borne technology (solvent free)
- Applicable for gravure or flexographic printing
- Excellent contact transparency and high color fidelity
- Extremely low gloss for premium matte appeal
- Durability for abrasion resistance
- UV formulations for weather resistance
- High heat seal resistance
- Enables recyclability when used with mono-material (all-PE) structures
The “uniform surface roughness” of OPULUX™ MC Optical Finishes allows diffuse reflection (reduced gloss) on coated surfaces.
In all-PE package testing, OPULUX™ MC Optical Finishes passed APR guideline tests and has been recognized by the United States Association of Plastic Recyclers (APR) as a “recycle ready” product.
Additionally, with packaging utilizing OPULUX™ MC coatings undergoing direct mechanical recycling, the post-recycled content shows no significant color change or mechanical property change.
Want to learn more? We look forward to introducing you to these exciting coatings. Contact us, then let’s get started on some finishes.
Link to other source materials