Fascinating silicone from Dow for the building and construction industry
Silicone innovation helps high-performance buildings rise higher in every way—improving weatherability, boosting structural integrity, reducing energy use and supporting architectural design.
The building blocks of a more impactful future
Silicone sealants help high performance buildings perform better and last longer, and make new design options possible. They enable amazing feats of architecture and the preservation of our most treasured landmarks—as well as making our homes more comfortable and energy efficient. Silicones in construction can:
- Solve structural glazing and weatherproofing challenges
- Contribute to energy efficiency in buildings
- Improve in-shop productivity and reduce material waste
- Extend building life and reduce life cycle costs
- Help realize sustainable development
- Achieve design freedom
The silicone advantage
Silicone sealants not only outperform and outlast organic weatherproofing materials—they also enable innovative applications that would otherwise be impossible. For example, only structural silicone sealants have the long-term adhesion, compatibility and strength required for structural glazing and protective glazing applications, making sheet glass skyscrapers a reality.
Silicones are also inherently waterproof, and provide greater UV stability, temperature and weather resistance than organic materials. And, because they last longer, they can be replaced less often—reducing lifetime costs and contributing to sustainability.
- Advanced Building Materials and Construction Innovations
- Commercial Glazing
- Construction Chemicals
- Flooring and Surfaces
- Heating, Cooling and Refrigeration
- Interior Decoration and Installation
- Lighting Systems
- Sustainable Building Envelope
- Wall Systems, Insulation and Facade
- Window, Door and Residential Building Elements