SILASTIC™ MS-1003 Moldable Silicone A&B Kit
- Injection or compression molding for primary or secondary lenses, light pipes, light guides and other optic devices
This award-winning moldable silicone provides excellent properties and secondary optics solutions for LED lamp/luminaire applications. Its curing speed is optimized for the injection molding process of silicone rubber. It is especially suitable for precision molding applications, as micrometer-sized features can be replicated on the lens surface to direct light output, enabling lighting companies to design optics for luminaires with high lumen efficiency. High thermal stability ensures the retaining of high transparency – even in harsh environments.
Imagine a brighter future
Dow creates proven, high-performance silicon-based materials that help you create next-generation lighting. We offer today’s LED industry unmatched experience and know-how for LED lamp and luminaire assembly. Dow lighting experts work alongside your team to test designs, recommend modifications and provide total solutions to your challenges. Our partnership network of molding and optical experts helps our customers develop the best solutions.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color Clear, Colorless
- Dielectric Strength 500 volts per mil v/mil
- Dielectric Strength (kV/mm) 20 kV/mm
- Durometer - Shore A 51 Shore A
- Elongation 325 %
- Linear CTE 325 um/m/Deg C
- Mixing Viscosity 42250 Centipoise
- Number of Parts Two
- Specific Gravity 1 kg/l
- Tensile Strength 800 psi
- Viscosity (Part A) 51700 mPa.s
- Viscosity (Part B) 37500 mPa.s
- Viscosity - Part A 51.7 Pa.s
- Viscosity - Part B 37.5 Pa.s
- Working Time 2880 Minutes
- Working Time in hrs at 25 Deg C 48
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.