ELITE™ 5401 G Enhanced Polyethylene Resin
Linear low density polyethylene designed for high performance blown films for very good mechanics in combination with processability and very good sealability.
- Food and beverage packaging
- Medical packaging
- Home and personal care packaging
- Good hermeticity for OPET, OPP Laminates at Improved Line Speeds
- Package integrity at industry relevant line speeds
- Low Film Blocking at High Output Rates
- Excellent Hot Tack Strength & Seal Through Corona
- High Impact & Tear Resistance
- Good Flex Crack Resistance
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- 2% Secant Modulus, MD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 159 (23000)
- 2% Secant Modulus, TD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 165 (24000)
- Anti-block Yes No true
- Dart Drop Impact (ASTM D1709A) in grams (lbs) Yes No 450 g
- Density (ASTM D792) Yes No 0.918 g/cm3
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, MD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) Yes No 250 g
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, TD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) Yes No 550 g
- Gloss (45 degree) Yes No 33 %
- Haze (ASTM D1003) Yes No 22 %
- Melt Index (g/10min @190°C/21.6 kg) Yes No 1
- Melting Point, DSC (Dow Method) in °C(°F) Yes No 123°C (253°F)
- Slip Yes No true
- Vicat Softening Point in °C(°F) Yes No 100°C (212°F)
ELITE™ 5401G Enhanced Polyethylene Resin is a copolymer produced via INSITE™ Technology from Dow. It offers a unique combination of low seal initiation, moderate stiffness and low blocking for excellent performance on automated packaging equipment. It offers as well very good impact resistance and tear properties.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.