DOWSIL™ TC-4525 A/B
A thermally Conductive Gap Filler offers thermal conductivity of 2.5W/m.K. This is a soft and compressible silicone material designed to dissipate heat from electronic modules by conducting it to a heat sink such as an aluminum housing. Excellent fit for automotive electronics and battery packs applications.
- Improved reliability in harsh temperatures – Effectively dissipate heat away from sensitive components. They withstand peak exposure at 200°C, and perform reliably at operating temperatures ranging up to 150°C.
- Easy processing – These advanced thermally conductive materials dispense easily from their original packaging with minimal to no additional process preparation, making them well-suited for automated application using standard meter mix equipment.
- Effective assembly – Avoid slumping on vertical surfaces during assembly. After cure, they maintain their vertical stability even after long use.
- Cost-effective, fast cure – The platinum cure system enables fast, controlled cure at room temperature, although cure times can be accelerated further with heat to reduce manufacturing cycle times. No post-cure steps are required.
- UL 94 V-0 recognition – Received recognition under Underwriters Laboratories UL 94 standard, which evaluates the flammability of plastic and silicone materials intended for parts in devices and appliances. Recognition under UL 94 is a step toward applying the UL label on your final product.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color - Part A Yes No White
- Dielectric Constant at 1MHz Yes No 6.6
- Durometer - Shore 00 Yes No 55 Shore 00
- Heat Cure Yes No 120 Minutes @ 25 Deg C, 10 Minutes @ 80 Deg C
- Heat Cure at 50 Deg C Yes No 20 Minutes
- Number of Parts Yes No Two
- Shelf Life Yes No 300 Days
- Specific Gravity Yes No 2.9
- Thermal Conductivity Yes No 2.6 Watts per meter K
- Volume Resistivity Yes No 2.4e+014 ohm-centimeters
Easier processing and long-term performance stability
As automotive electronics contribute ever greater value to automotive safety, reliability, performance and comfort, they are also generating higher temperatures that can reduce the functionality and reliability of modules over time.
Dow developed – and continues to broaden – a portfolio of silicone thermal conductive gap fillers with different levels of thermal conductivity that deliver greatly improved dispensability, reduced abrasiveness (certain products) and stable performance for more reliable applications in harsh automotive under the hood environments.
Thermally conductive gap fillers from Dow are soft, compressible, two-part silicone, high thermal conductivity materials specifically formulated to process easily and to effectively dissipate heat from critical automotive parts, such as engine or transmission.
Frequently Bought Together
DOWSIL™ TC-4515 Gap Filler A&B
A thermally Conductive Gap Filler offers thermal conductivity of 1.5W/m.K. As automotive electronics contribute ever greater value to automotive safety, reliability, performance and comfort, they are also generating higher temperatures that can reduce the functionality and reliability of modules over time.
DOWSIL™ 995 Silicone Structural Sealant
A one-component, self-priming, shelf-stable, neutral-cure, elastomeric adhesive specifically formulated for silicone structural glazing and exhibits excellent unprimed adhesion to most building substrates. This product has superior unprimed adhesion for structural glazing applications for hurricane or impact rated windows and doors. It has a movement capability of +/- 50%.
- DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS
SYL-OFF™ 4000 Catalyst
General purpose catalyst which is compatible with all Syl-off® brand solvent based and solventless release coating systems as well as Plantinum cure silicone PSAs.
DOWSIL™ 123 Silicone Seal-All Colors
A pre-formed, ultra-low modulus silicone extrusion that is bonded to substrates using DOWSIL™ 791 Silicone Perimeter Sealant or DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant. This product can be used in both new and remedial construction applications.
DOWSIL™ Q1-9226 Thermally Conductive Adhesive
Typical applications include bonding organic and ceramic substrates to heat sinks for electronic control modules in automotive applications. It is a two-part, gray, 1:1 mix ratio, heat cure, moderate flow, self-priming, thermally conductive adhesive.
DOWSIL™ 756 SMS Building Sealant
A medium-modulus elastomeric sealant designed for weatherproofing sensitive porous stone and metal panel substrates to reduce residue rundown and substrate staining in new and remedial construction.
DOWSIL™ 7091 Adhesive Sealant
High performance, neutral cure silicone adhesive/sealant.
DOWSIL™ 791 Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, medium-modulus, elastomeric sealant designed for general weathersealing. It is a silicone formulation that cures to a flexible and curable silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 790 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part silicone formulation that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable, fire-resistant, flexible and ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 983 Structural Glazing Sealant Base and Curing Agent
Designed for specialized use where dual structural and weatherseal applications are desired for factory glazing and curtainwall production. Once cured, this structural sealant forms a durable, flexible, watertight bond that can be warranted for 20 years and used in ±25% movement weatherseal applications. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass, alodine, and anodized aluminum1, although DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS is recommended for fast and consistent adhesion, especially to high-performance substrates approved for architectural structural glazing applications.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.