DOWSIL™ 8526 Additive
High-performance leveling and slip agent for waterborne, solventborne and radiation-curable coatings
Ensuring high performance without proliferating raw materials can be a challenge for paint, ink and coating formulators. This has created a need for products that can be used in solventborne, waterborne and radiation-curable coatings and are compatible with a broad range of binder types. To meet this need, Dow has extended its range of leveling and slip agents with DOWSIL™ 8526 Additive.
About DOWSIL™ 8526 Additive
DOWSIL™ 8526 Additive is an easy-to-use, high-performance silicone polyether based additive that gives improved leveling and slip in waterborne, solventborne and radiation-curable formulations at low addition levels.
Advantages of DOWSIL™ 8526 Additive
- Imparts leveling and slip performance in a wide range of solventborne, waterborne and radiation-curable coatings
- Good recoatability for reduced rework concerns
- Effective at low addition levels, reducing formulation cost and unwanted side effects
- Excellent compatibility with acrylic, epoxy, polyester and urethane based formulations
- Can be diluted in alcohols, glycol ethers, aromatic solvents and water for greater formulation versatility
- Contains materials listed in the Annex 6 of Swiss Ordinance of the FDHA, making it suitable for both food and nonfood applications
In solventborne formulations, DOWSIL™ 8526 Additive delivers an excellent balance of leveling, slip and substrate wetting.
Figure 1. Performance of DOWSIL™ 8526 Additive in a solventborne coating.
In waterborne formulations, DOWSIL 8526 Additive significantly reduces coefficient of friction and provides excellent slip without impacting gloss.
Figure 2. Performance of DOWSIL™ 8526 Additive in waterborne urethane emulsion coating.
In radiation-curable formulations, DOWSIL™ 8526 Additive greatly improves leveling.
Figure 3. Performance of DOWSIL™ 8526 Additive in solventless, UV-curable coating.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color Amber Liquid
- Flash Point, Closed Cup 242 °C
- Shelf Life 810 Days
- Specific Gravity 1.03
- Viscosity at 25ºC 1000 to 3000 Centistokes
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.