Solvent used to facilitate penetration into fibers and to promote the production of intense, bright shades; it features a high boiling point and low vapor pressure. Also an important solvent in nongrain-raising wood stains and serves as a component of industrial cleaners. Textile printing and dyeing processes utilize this product to facilitate penetration into fibers and to promote the production of intense, bright shades. These characteristics, as well as its high boiling point and low vapor pressure, make it useful for twist setting and yarn and cloth conditioning. Mineral oil-soap and mineral oilsulfonated oil mixtures require fast-acting mutual solvents. Small quantities of this product in these mixtures form translucent-to clear dispersions, in contrast to the usual turbid dispersion that indicates incomplete solubility.
- Excellent solvency
- Great chemical stability
- Compatible with water and a number of organic solvents
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Boiling Point (°C @760mmHg) 202 °C
- CAS# 111-90-0
- Chemical Name Diethylene glycol mono ethyl ether
- Consumer Products US EPA LVP Exemption not VOC
- Density (25°C) in lb/gal (g/cc) 8.23 (0.986)
- EPA Method 24 (ASTM 26886) VOC
- Evaporation Rate (n-butyl acetate=1.0) 0.013
- Flash Point, Closed Cup 102 °C
- Freezing Point °F(°C) -65 (-54)
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dD (joules/cm3)1/2 16.1
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dH (joules/cm3)1/2 12.2
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dP (joules/cm3)1/2 9.2
- HAPs (Title III Clean Air Act) true
- Molecular Weight 134.2 g/mol
- Solubility in Water (25°C) infinite wt%
- Solubility Water in (25°C) infinite wt%
- Specific Gravity (25°C) 0.989
- Surface Tension 31.8 dynes/cm
- Vapor Pressure (mmHg @ 20°C) 0.09
- Viscosity (25°C) 3.6 cP
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.