Experience silence in motion with sound damping technologies
Ready to reduce the harshness of undesired sounds from mechanical vibrations in personal vehicles, trucks, trains, machinery and more? Achieve outstanding sound damping with innovative acrylic liquid applied sound damping (LASD) technologies that offer composition, process and performance advantages compared to traditional sound damping systems.
Our LASD technologies can be formulated into water-borne, liquid applied vibration damping materials that provide improved performance, reduce costs and facilitate the health and safety of workers and the environment.
ACOUSTICRYL™ Acrylic Resins with AVANSE™ Technology for LASD offer easy spray alternatives to polyurethane foam, asphaltic membranes and viscoelastic materials across a range of applications – from marine/rail, passenger cars and RVs, to dishwashers and refrigerators, to HVAC units, elevator shafts and more.
Sound damping systems based on ACOUSTICRYL Acrylic Resins offer key advantages, including:
- Exceptional noise reduction for improved performance and better damping compared with liquid rubber, epoxy and asphalt coatings
- Up to 35% lower weight than comparable coatings, with a variety of options available
- Production cost reduction, due to a one-step spray application
- Faster model re-design and line flexibility
- Options with low odor and low VOC emissions
- Excellent health and safety conditions for workers, with water-borne, APEO-free*, plasticizer and PVC technologies
- Customized options tailored based on specific customer and application needs
*ACOUSTICRYL™ Acrylic Resins are APEO free, being manufactured without the use of APEO surfactants