Focused on safer, more efficient delivery of low voltage power.
Low voltage (LV) power cables have one, very important job. Twenty-four hours a day. Seven days a week. Homes, office buildings, and industrial centers all depend on them to deliver electrical power. In the safest, most efficient manner possible.
SI-LINK™ Moisture-Curable Compounds also have one, very important job. This family of crosslinkable, silane-ethylene copolymers is specifically designed to produce insulation and jacketing that meets and exceeds the demands placed on high-performance LV cables(1) with:
- UL44 recognition
- Voltage service for applications up to 2 kV
- 75°C and 90°C wet temperature ratings
- Enhanced scorch resistance, flame retardance (FR) up to VW-1, ultraviolet light resistance (UV), and photovoltaic (PV) capabilities
- Suitability for most moisture-cure extrusion technologies
- Oil and gas resistance
- 40°C rated RoHS (Risk of Hazard) compliance
A strong choice. That keeps getting stronger.
SI-LINK™ compounds also offer comparable or better performance than widely used moisture-cure technologies such as Sioplas and Monosil. Not only that, but our proprietary reactor copolymer crosslinking technology enables advantages that include:
- Lower total costs based on reduced rolled cost/lb., product SKUs, and warehouse space requirements
- Shelf life of more than one year, allowing use of partial boxes – plus protection against partial or premature crosslinking
- Excellent processability with high output rates, less scrap and scorch, longer run times, easier changeover, and comparable or better extrusion speeds
- Comparable cure speeds thanks to the use of a faster catalyst
Our already deep portfolio of materials has also grown to include acrylates, cellulosics, polyolefins, silicones, and urethanes. This is expanding the range of solutions based on SI-LINK™ technology – and your opportunities to put them to good use.
Backed by global R&D, manufacturing, and supply capabilities – along with industry leading quality control – SI-LINK™ materials are totally focused on helping develop the best possible insulation and jacketing solutions to meet specific LV cable needs.
Innovating by collaborating.
More than six decades of experience has taught us the importance of collaboration too. Teaming up with customers and other key members of the value chain has helped us produce recent LV developments that include:
- Faster curing, scorch-resistant SI-LINK™ AC products
- Combined catalyst master batches
- VW-1 FR solutions
We’re always looking for better answers. New ways to improve efficiency, reliability, longevity, ease of installation, and – of course – safety. And new discoveries that will help SI-LINK™ compounds and LV cables do their respective, very important jobs better than ever.
Let’s focus our efforts together.
(1) Typical values, not to be construed as specifications. Users should confirm results by their own tests.