DOWANOL™ PPh Glycol Ether
- Cleaners: household and industrial cleaners
- Textiles: dyes and printing pastes
- Coating formulation and application
- Industrial, automotive and architectural coatings
- Metal working fluids: surface cleaning and fabrication
- Favorable enviornmental profile, superior performance for end use applications, formulations may require less Performance solvent than P or E Series
- Low vapor pressure allowing formulations to meet volatile organic compound regulations
- Readily biodegradable
- U.S. EPA Inerts listed for non-food use
- Excellent for soap scum and greasy soil removal
- Boiling Point (°C @760mmHg) はい いいえ 243 °C
- CAS# はい いいえ 770-35-4
- Chemical Name はい いいえ Propylene glycol phenyl ether
- Consumer Products US EPA LVP Exemption はい いいえ 非VOC
- Density (25°C) in lb/gal (g/cc) はい いいえ 8.84 (1.059)
- EPA Method 24 (ASTM 26886) はい いいえ VOC
- Evaporation Rate (n-butyl acetate=1.0) はい いいえ 0.002
- Flash Point, Closed Cup はい いいえ 120 °C
- Freezing Point °F(°C) はい いいえ 51.8 (11)
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dD (joules/cm3)1/2 はい いいえ 17.4
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dH (joules/cm3)1/2 はい いいえ 11.5
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dP (joules/cm3)1/2 はい いいえ 5.3
- HAPs (Title III Clean Air Act) はい いいえ false
- Molecular Weight はい いいえ 152.2 g/mol
- SARA Title III はい いいえ false
- Solubility in Water (25°C) はい いいえ 1 wt%
- Solubility Water in (25°C) はい いいえ 6 wt%
- Specific Gravity (25°C) はい いいえ 1.062
- Surface Tension はい いいえ 38.1 dynes/cm
- Vapor Pressure (mmHg @ 20°C) はい いいえ 0.01
- Viscosity (25°C) はい いいえ 25.2 cP
DOWANOL™ DPnB Glycol Ether
A slow-evaporating, hydrophobic glycol ether with excellent surface tension-lowering ability and coalescing properties. It has a near mid-range balance of hydrophobic and hydrophilic characteristics, and it offers significant water solubility. It is one of our most efficient coalescents in water-borne latex systems. It combines a number of properties that contribute to very high latex film quality: 1) high polymer plasticizing efficiency, 2) large molecular size and therefore greater polymer mobility contribution, 3) strong partitioning to the polymer phase, and 4) relatively slow evaporation rate. This product is compatible with many different resin types. It also provides excellent surface tension lowering ability, and is useful in cleaning products by itself or when blended with other products. Used alone in cold metal cleaning, it is a good solvent for removing oils and greases. An excellent choice for coatings applications, this product provides outstanding coalescing and film properties. INCI Name: Dipropylene glycol n-butyl ether
ACUSOL™ OP 301
It imparts a milky, lotionized appearance to a wide variety of household liquid products.
FOR LAUNDRY is a fully neutralized, liquid detergent polymer for a variety of laundry applications, providing excellent performance properties such as the inhibition of crystal growth and the dispersion of precipitates. FOR WAREWASH is a fully neutralized, liquid detergent polymer for industrial machine dishwash applications, providing excellent performance properties such as the inhibition of crystal growth and the dispersion of precipitates.
DOWANOL™ PnB Glycol Ether
A fast-evaporating, hydrophobic glycol ether with high solvency and excellent coupling abilities. It is partly water soluble and miscible with most organic solvents. This is extensively used in heavy-duty cleaning formulations.
Hexyl CELLOSOLVE™ Solvent
A high boiling point, slow evaporating solvent with excellent solvency characteristics.It has the characteristic structure of glycol ethers and contains both ether and alcohol functional groups in the same molecule. As a result, it provides unique cleaning power for removal of both water-soluble and greasy (water insoluble) soils. The linear hexyl portion of this provides excellent oil solubility characteristics that make it useful in both consumer and industrial cleaner applications. It plays an important role in specialty printing inks. Because of its limited water solubility and slow evaporation, it can be used in formulations for the silk screen process to prevent premature setting of the ink.
Butyl CARBITOL™ Solvent
A slow-evaporating, hydrophilic glycol ether with excellent coalescing and coupling power that can be combined with Butyl CELLOSOLVE™ glycol ether to lower the evaporation rate and increase the hydrophobicity. It offers 100% water solubility. A solvent used for process cleaning purposes.
DOWANOL™ DPM Glycol Ether
Mid-to slow evaporating solvent. Has 100% water solubility and is ideally suited as a coupling agent in a wide range of solvent systems. Has a higher flash point than DOWANOL™ PM glycol ether making it easier to handle, store, and ship. Often incorporated into latex emulsion coatings; can be used to prevent shocking (coagulation of emulsion) when hydrophobic solvents are used. More broadly, its hydrophilic nature makes it an ideal coupling aid in water reducible coatings, and cleaning applications. Used with cleaners because they offer an extensive combination of basic physical and performance properties for cleaning formulations. The intermediate evaporation rate allow it to be used in a potentially wider range of systems than many other solvents.