Forensic Molecular Markers
The strongest defense for petroleum products
Dow is committed to the continued improvement of fuel marking technology to enable authorities to protect essential fuel uses and the economic well-being of law-abiding citizens as well as the environment.
ACCUTRACE ™ Fuel Marker enables petroleum product identification with molecular marking technology highly resistant to known removal techniques. A highly cost-effective approach for marking hydrocarbons, ACCUTRACE ™ Fuel Marker technology does not introduce ozone-depleting emissions, is invisible to the eye and not readily discoverable but detectable using highly accurate and mobile testing methods. Principal uses of ACCUTRACE ™ Fuel Marker include brand authentication, fuel laundering prevention, petroleum product tracking and legislative marker. ACCUTRACE™ S10, one of several molecular fuel markers in this innovative product family, has already been independently tested, reviewed, accepted and legislated by the governments of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
Dow’s patented ACCUTRACE™ fuel marker products provide a breakthrough for fuel marking technologies. These robust and innovative molecular fuel marker products can be tailored for use in fuel marking programs by governments agencies and oil/fuel refiners. They can help assure revenue and brand ID protection by minimizing illicit fuel fraud via fuel smuggling, laundering and adulteration.
ACCUTRACE™ fuel marker products are:
- Cost effective solution for tax and brand ID programs – part per million level treat rates
- Comprised of C, H and O – elements commonly already found in petroleum and petroleum derivatives
- Unique, with molecular structures not naturally occurring in fuels and lubricants and are not fuel additives
Dow ACCUTRACE™ Fuel Markers offer Government Agencies and Oil/Fuel Refiners a wide range of technical benefits:
- Robust – resistant to removal via common fuel laundering techniques
- Flexible detection - via sophisticated 2D gas chromatography methods, in laboratory and field environments
- Accurate marker quantification - results admissible in a court of law
- Excellent solubility in fuels
- Easy to handle and dose into fuels, pumpable and pourable even at low temperatures
- Colorless and covert – undetectable without target analytical methods
Dow’s family of ACCUTRACE™ Fuel Markers was awarded a 2017 Edison Award as one of the most innovative technologies. They were recognized as enabling petroleum product identification with molecular marking technology and deterring theft. Dow has successfully positioned these ACCUTRACE™ fuel marker products in robust fuel marking programs across the globe, with customers in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and the Republic of Korea.
Dow Fuel Marking Solutions Portfolio
Get introduced to Dow’s comprehensive range of fuel marking technology that helps guard people, property, revenue, and the environment from the damage wreaked by fuel fraud.
Fight fuel fraud with ACCUTRACE™ Forensic Molecular Markers
Over time, criminals have learned to remove the many dyes and other traditional markers from fuels that are an essential part of many diesel tax protection programs around the globe. There is a practical solution: Dow has launched ACCUTRACE ™ forensic molecular markers to help governments fight back against crimes. Visit this video to learn more:
no valid video link