Creating automobile interiors that are durable, lightweight and comfortable
Greater safety and comfort. Proven durability. Improved structural strength and sustainability. All while enabling lightweighting. In an increasingly demanding and competitive market, today’s consumers expect overall vehicle performance that offers these benefits and much more. From soft skins to interior trim, center consoles, instrument and door panels, from flooring systems to headliners, seating, headrests and armrests, our customizable solutions for automotive interiors meet a diverse range of performance, processing and economic requirements of various applications.
Our expansive portfolio of cost-effective solutions for automobile interiors includes:
- Impact modifiers for injection-molding compounds – increasing ductility, improving impact resistance, enhancing heat stability and toughness in low temperatures, reducing melt viscosities
- Specialty elastomers for long-lasting performance – delivering easier processing and paintability as well as improved aesthetics, enhanced durability and performance, and weight reduction for hard and soft thermoplastic polyolefin applications
- Polyurethane foams for enhanced safety, comfort and sustainability – improving the look and feel of interior features, sealing the cabin against road and engine dust and noise, managing noise, vibration and harshness
- Reactive hot-melt adhesives for economic and environmental benefits - improving joint performance and optimizing processing, bonding a vast range of substrate combinations, providing solvent- or water-based solutions for multiple applications
- Composite resins and bonding systems for lightweighting and more efficient processing – delivering greater efficiencies in materials and processing, enabling parts integration and significant weight reduction, providing improved handling and rapid cycle times for compression molding in hybrid construction applications