Silicone elastomers from Dow provide the total manufacturing solution because of their physical properties, excellent resistance to harsh environments and their ease of processing via various methods (molding, extrusion, calendering and coating). They provide several important benefits:
- Long service life in adverse environments
- Flexible and resilient across a wide temperature range
- Excellent electrical insulating qualities
- Enhanced comfort and feel
- Can be formulated to meet the requirements of sensitive applications, such as for food-contact, drinking water and infant care
Type of silicone elastomers
High Consistency Rubber (HCR): options for heat cured ready-to-use compounds, silicone rubber bases, modifiers and dispersions, and pigments.
- SILASTIC™ HCRs are commonly used in automotive components, including high temperature hoses, dust covers, boots, engine mounts and exhaust hangers.
Fluorosilicone Rubber (FSR): options for heat cured ready-to-use compounds, fluorosilicone rubber bases, modifiers and dispersions, and pigments.
- SILASTIC™ FSRs can enhance component reliability in harsh environments with heat, cold and aggressive fluids, making them useful for a range of industries: automotive, aerospace/aviation, oil, gas and petrochemical, as well as industrial.
Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR): two-part dispensable silicone materials that are readily mixed and rapidly heat-cured.
- SILASTIC™ LSRs are widely used in injection molding, fabric coating, dipping and extrusion coating processes. Application areas are numerous, including the automotive, aerospace, appliance, business machine, electrical and consumer industries.
液态氟硅橡胶 (F-LSR): 热固化即用化合物、氟硅橡胶基、改性剂和分散剂的可选材料；也是结合了氟硅橡胶性能优势和液态硅橡胶易加工性的双组分有机硅材料。
- SILASTIC™ 氟硅橡胶可以在高温、低温和充斥腐蚀性液体的恶劣环境下增强部件稳定性，因而被广泛应用于汽车、航天航空、油气石化、工业制造等行业。
- SILASTIC™ 液态氟硅橡胶 (F-LSRs)可以使用注塑成型设备，也可作涂料应用，来生产在极端温度下耐受燃料和油，例如汽车部件中的橡胶密封件、密封垫、隔膜片和高性能发动机中的其它部件。