Molded Foam Producers
Molded foam producers, like many manufacturers, are challenged with reducing costs, while maintaining or improving the quality of their products.
VORANOL VORACTIV polyols from Dow can help. Because the amine catalyst is built into the polyol, rather than added as a separate processing step, the result is a streamlined and more cost-effective process, and ultimately, a better quality foam.
VORANOL VORACTIV polyols provide unique advantages for molders:
- Compared to other low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) foam types, VORANOL VORACTIV polyols offer improved compression-set properties, improving how well foam will return to its original shape after it has been compressed.
- Greater resistance to humid conditions leading to improved product performance over time.
- As molds are released, amine emissions escape. VORANOL VORACTIV polyols can reduce amine emissions by as much as 50%.
- Improved flowability in molds for a given demold time
- The option of faster demolding, by allowing the flexibility to add in more catalyst to accelerate the demolding stage.
Select a link below to learn about the benefits of manufacturing foam with VORANOL VORACTIV:
1) Cost savings from simplified processing
2) More consistent, uniform foams
3) Reduced odors in the factory and for end users of the foam
4) Reduce fogging and staining
Many Dow customers have converted to VORANOL VORACTIV and are benefiting from the added value these polyols bring to their foam operations. Learn more about the chemistry behind VORANOL VORACTIV polyols.
Ready to start exploring the benefits of VORANOL VORACTIV? Request a sample, ask a technical question or talk to a Dow expert today.
®™*Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.