Cost Savings from Simplified Processing
Is it possible to reduce costs while achieving greater foam consistency? With VORANOL™ VORACTIV™ polyols, the answer is "yes".
Because the amine catalyst is built into the polyol, VORANOL VORACTIV can help you:
- Eliminate or reduce the purchase, inventory, handling and storage of amine catalysts. Since fewer additive tanks are required, you save on plant storage space and equipment replacement costs.
- Eliminate a time consuming and costly formulating step during slab production. There is no need to blend amines or adjust amine levels during processing. Also, minimal polyol temperature control is required. This can improve yield and reduce waste because foam made with VORANOL VORACTIV has a lower sensitivity to temperature and requires less cooling during normal operations.
- Achieve faster demolding times in molding operations.
Squarer and higher blocks can be achieved
using VORANOL VORATIV Polyols.
Photo courtesy of İşbir Sünger.
Dow Voranol Voractiv in slab production also allows:
- Reduced use of tin additives and surfactants, achieving cost savings through reduced purchasing of these additives.
- Squarer and notably higher blocks, with a thinner bottom and top skin on the block.
- Cleaner paper when peeled from the foam, leaving smoother side walls to the foam block. This gives you the opportunity to cut closer to the edge of the block, thereby producing less waste.
- Less waste at start-up and run down, or when changing between foam grades.
VORANOL VORACTIV polyols help you streamline your foam processing and reduce costs, all while producing a higher quality foam with reduced odor. Learn more about the superior consistency of VORANOL VORACTIV foams in bedding/furniture or in automotive interiors.
Ready to start exploring the benefits of VORANOL VORACTIV? Request a sample, ask a technical question or talk to a Dow expert today.
®™*Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.