Dow Elastomers offers a broad lineup of specialty materials and performance elastomers, securing our position as a world leader in elastomer products, innovation, technical expertise, service and support. Coupled with these products come tailored Dow solutions and personalized support - to meet the differentiated needs of your customers.
Dow's portfolio of products used in the footwear industry include:
- ENGAGE™ Polyolefin Elastomers for midsoles and components. Formulations based on ENGAGE can provide numerous improvements compared to EVA, including: lightweight foams at equivalent hardness, excellent low temperature flexibility, enhanced resiliency, lower shrinkage, improved abrasion resistance, and enhanced filler capacity. ENGAGE can be used in a variety of footwear applications including high-performance athletic shoes, comfortable slippers, sock liners, and industrial boot components. Detailed product information.
- INFUSE™ Olefin Block Copolymer is a breakthrough premium solution for sport midsoles, especially for professional running shoes where the following functional benefits are required:
- Light weight
- Super cushioning and comfort
- Excellent resilience and compression set at elevated temperature
- Improve dimensional stability with low shrinkage
- NORDEL™ Hydrocarbon Rubber products for outsoles and midsoles. Next generation EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) are clean and consistent, and deliver improved performance, processability, and efficiencies that benefit compounders and processors alike in the footwear industry.
- VERSIFY™ Plastomers and Elastomers for shoe components. These plastomers and elastomers can meet the demand for excellent property combinations including those for show stiffeners and more.