Dow offers a broad lineup of specialty materials and performance elastomers, securing our position as a world leader in elastomer products for the footwear industry.
INFUSE OBCs and ENGAGE POEs from Dow can help you step up your game in athletic footwear performance with midsoles that deliver lightweight footwear with exceptional resilience, stability and softness.
The increased dimensional stability of INFUSE™ OBCs offers OEMs the potential to reduce production costs while delivering a longer lasting performance midsoles.
Formulations based on ENGAGE™ Polyolefin Elastomers can provide numerous improvements compared to EVA, including:
- Lightweight foams at equivalent hardness
- Excellent low temperature flexibility
- Enhanced resiliency
- Lower shrinkage
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Enhanced filler capacity
ENGAGE can be used in a variety of footwear applications including high-performance athletic shoes, comfortable slippers, and sock liners. See detailed product information.
Contact us if you are interested in learning more about the high performance of INFUSE OBCs and ENGAGE POEs.
Dow also offers additional products for the footwear industry:
- NORDEL™ Hydrocarbon Rubber can be used for outsoles and midsoles. Next generation EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) are clean and consistent, and deliver improved performance, processability, and efficiencies that benefit compounders and processors alike in the footwear industry.
- VERSIFY™ Plastomers and Elastomers can be used for shoe components. These plastomers and elastomers can meet the demand for excellent property combinations including those for applications seeking clarity, improved scratch resistance, and impact resistance such as toe puffs and heel counters.