Packaging industry brand owners and adhesive formulators face the complex challenge of meeting end-user demands for food safety while ensuring the shelf appeal, cost efficiency and sustainability of their solutions. Food packages are exposed to diverse conditions, from high temperatures for hot fill or pasteurization down to very low temperatures for frozen food.
Dow develops polymers for HMA solutions which help products to be robust, consistently perform at high levels, enable line efficiency, create shelf appeal and open up opportunities for cost efficiencies and sustainability.
Dow’s polymers deliver excellent performance and when formulated surpass EVA-based HMA formulations in key areas. Benefits are:
- High heat resistance (+60°C)
- Low temperature resistance (-18°C)
- Able to bond to a variety of substrates
- High adhesion on hard-to-bond surfaces
- High initial tack to counter package spring-back forces
- Aroma and sift tightness
- Short time set for high line speed
Dow’s high-performance polyolefin elastomers (POE) based HMA adhesives include:
To find out more about Dow's solutions for packaging, please see the literature section below or contact a Dow representative.