|The adhesives market is dynamic, undergoing constant change. Through it all, The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) is keeping pace with this change, and is setting the pace for change with its continual development of innovative solutions for high-performing adhesive products. Within the adhesives market, we are focused on the following key applications:|
Elastomers from Dow deliver excellent adhesive performance at a lower solution cost for both hot melt adhesive formulations and hot melt pressure sensitive adhesive formulations.
Hot Melt Adhesives
Dow Elastomers is raising the bar for hot melt adhesive (HMA) formulations. While HMAs have long been a reliable bonding and sealing solution, Dow's innovative polyolefin resins can help deliver performance, processing, and end-user advantages not previously attainable with conventional formulations, such as those based on ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA).
AFFINITY™ GA Polyolefin Elastomers (POEs) lead the way and quickly became the competitive benchmark within the hot melt case and carton sealing market, offering more powerful bonds; increased sealing mileage; broader temperature range performance; exceptional color stability; virtually char and odor-free processing.
ENGAGE™ Polyolefin Elastomers, INFUSE™ Olefin Block Copolymers (OBCs) and VERSIFY™ Plastomers and Elastomers round out the portfolio, making Dow Elastomers an excellent choice for hot melt applications such as case and carton sealing, non-wovens, book binding, wood working, road marking, and carpet pre-coat.
Learn more about Dow Elastomers solutions for hot melt adhesives in these applications:
- Case & Carton Sealing
- Road Marking
Hot Melt Pressure Sensitive Adhesives
As the use of hot melt pressure sensitive adhesives (PSAs) continues to expand, Dow Elastomers offers a portfolio of polyolefin resins designed to meet the needs of applications ranging from construction adhesives for health and hygiene applications to labels. With the proven performance of ENGAGE™ and AFFINITY™ GA Polyolefin Elastomers (POEs), plus innovative INFUSE™ Olefin Block Copolymers (OBCs) on your side, your formulation options just got a lot stronger.
Learn more about Dow Elastomers solutions for hot melt pressure sensitive adhesives in these applications:
Dow Hot Melt Adhesives offer:
- Increased Mileage: High mileage due to aggressive bonding and lower density, resulting in less product required to seal as many packages
- Clean and Char Free: Clean and char-free processing resulting in reduced maintenance costs due to less time and money to change filters and nozzles
- Increased Productivity: Reduced line shutdown and increased intervals between product changes resulting in increased productivity
- Ease of Application: Excellent shear and viscosity stability translates into precise and consistent adhesive application, improved bead control and less spider webbing. These attributes deliver reduced downtime and reduced labor costs
- Improved Color and Reduced Degradation: Better color of the adhesive resulting in improved customer satisfaction
- Virtually no smoke and odor: Virtually no odor or smoke, resulting in improved workplace conditions
- Aggressive bond strengths: Aggressive bond strength over a wide range of service temperatures
- Reduced Total Cost: Improved mileage, reduced waste, reduced spare parts, reduced maintenance and increased productivity all contribute to a reduced total system cost