EMEA Area Logistics Services Provider Information
Depending on the services or business operations you perform, you may see some or more of the following impacts from the Legal Entity Rationalization project.
Logistics Operations Impacts for Carriers
Carrier Notification Content:
- Similar to non-ROH shipments today, you can expect the logistics contact (LSC = Logistics Service Coordinator) being mentioned on the bottom of the carrier notification.
- The way the name of the company appears in the shipping address may change. The physical location (street, city) remains unchanged.
- The plant and address codes you may see in EDI versions of the carrier notification will change.
- The explicit reference to ROH will disappear. It is important to read the loading point address.
Carrier Notification Transmission:
- In general, the current method (fax, email, EDI) remains in place.
- We aim to automate the carrier notification transmission in most sites.
- You will be approached to verify recipient data.
- If you are receiving EDI Carrier Notifications for Rohm and Haas (ROH) today, then you will keep receiving EDI Carrier Notifications. You should have already been in contact with our experts.
- If you are receiving EDI Carrier Notifications for non-ROH shipments today, you should have been already approached with the question whether we can send these EDI messages also for ROH shipments.
- There will be a split of plant codes for some warehouses into a bonded and a non-bonded version which may impact shipment combinations.
Cut over procedures:
- You should expect that as of implementation date you will receive replacing new shipment numbers for transports still to be executed which were communicated before that date.
- You must be prepared to handle this situation in your IT systems to ensure that drivers will come to load with new reference numbers.
- We will provide more details concerning the precise timing of the related communications and the layout of the shipment number reference file
Logistics Operations Impacts for Service Providers
- There will be a split of plant codes for some warehouses into a bonded and a non-bonded version which may impact shipment combinations and shipment order handling.
- The way the name of the company appears on shipping documents may change. Change impact on the documents generated directly from 3rd party ERP system
- Label generation and label format changes
- New NEA plant codes and shipping points
- Implementation of e-Customs and related customs document handling. eSAD document will be generated and send to out plant by printing or e-mail.
- Service invoice handling will be combined for DOW and hROH.
Cut over procedures:
- We will provide training and/or visit your site to review the operational impact.
- You should expect that as of implementation date you will receive x-reference shipment order information.
- You must be prepared to update your ERP system for new EDI partner codes, update 3rd party generated shipping documents.
- We will provide more details concerning the precise timing of the related activities.