LABELEXPO SOUTHEAST ASIA: Dow Showcases Complementary Portfolio of Release Coating Solutions and Adhesives to Address Regional Market Needs
Themed "Innovation Inspired by You" the Dow Chemical Company will exhibit at LABELEXPO Southeast Asia, booth A25, from May 10-12, 2018. For the first time Dow's two global business units Dow Consumer Solutions and Dow Packaging & Specialty Plastics are jointly showcasing their complementary portfolio in the region. The differentiated and high-value adhesive and release coating solutions, based on Dow's silicone and acrylic technology platforms, will help customers stay ahead of tomorrow's trends with innovative and reliable technologies and resources in the pressure sensitive industry.
"We are consistently working with the whole value chain to fulfill the industry's most pressing needs. The solutions we are bringing to LABELEXPO Southeast Asia will help customers take advantage of emerging trends, while accelerating innovation and time-to-market," said Grace Zhang, Global Strategic Marketer, Pressure Sensitive Industries. "Our team members collaborate, strategize and work alongside customers, drawing on Dow's collective pool of knowledge and industry experience to solve unique performance and business challenges. With global capacity and specialized industry experience, we develop products that deliver with consistency for local customer needs."
"The label industry in Southeast Asia is fast growing and we see the potential to collaborate for mutual growth with our customers throughout the region. We are excited as this is the first time Dow has participated in LABELEXPO in Southeast Asia and we look forward to deepening our engagement and collaboration," said Curt Creed, Commercial Director, Consumer Solutions. "Customers across Southeast Asia are partnering with Dow to capitalize on our core strengths in R&D, technical support, industry expertise and global reach. We are confident that Dow's innovative technologies and solutions will continue to enable our customers to be ahead of the curve in driving product growth and development in this dynamic market."
Innovation for cost efficiency
Label stock producers and converters operate in an increasingly competitive market, facing material and processing cost pressure, in which value-added products bring a competitive edge. Dow’s Syl-Off™ brand silicone release coatings provide a range of technologies to address this trend, including:
- Dow’s SYL-OFF™ SL 351 coating for porous paper and hygiene product applications. Introduced for the first time at LABELEXPO Southeast Asia, it reduces soak-in for porous substrates, allowing producers to realize cost gains through less expensive paper and fewer silicones.
- High performance filmic liners with solvent coating, such as SYL-OFF™ LTC 750A, used to bond displays and touch screens in electronics applications such as mobile devices and electronic vehicles for improved optical characteristics and durability to absorb physical impact.
- High performance release coatings solutions, such as SYL-OFF™ SL 181 Coating and SYL-OFF™ SL 585 Coating, using flat release profile technologies to address the growing demand for ever-increasing label dispensing speeds.
- SYL-OFF™ cross-linkers, such as SYL-OFF™ SL 11 and SYL-OFF™ SL 12, offering manufacturers an opportunity to reduce platinum dependency, bringing cost benefits without impacting performance.
- The SYL-OFF™ range of platinum catalyzed emulsion systems, such as SYL-OFF™ EM 7975 Catalyst Emulsion and SYL-OFF™ EM 7990 Emulsion Coating, allowing to combine silicone with other adhesives to enable coating of thinner and less refined papers.
Innovation for improved sustainability
Strong safety and health concerns in Asia are driving the demand for greener and safer solutions. In particular, emulsion coating is increasingly gaining attention in tandem with tightened environmental regulations for solvent. Dow solutions for enhanced sustainability on display at LABELEXPO Southeast Asia include SYL-OFF™ EM 7946 for in-line coating and SYL-OFF™ EM 7953 for off-line coating, which also offer a unique combination of release performance and lower cost in paper and film applications.
Efficient, reliable solutions for adhesives
Dow is also presenting the latest acrylic adhesives at LABELEXPO Southeast Asia, including:
- ROBOND™ INVISU™ PS-7910, which builds on Dow’s expertise in water-borne adhesive technologies to provide a multipurpose solution for self-adhesives filmic labels that responds to the most critical challenges.
- ROBOND™ PS-8915, a ready-to-use pressure sensitive aqueous acrylic emulsion with high level balanced adhesive properties for demanding graphic art and tape applications.
- ROBOND™ PS-8061, a waterborne, removable pressure sensitive adhesive with excellent shear resistance, and moderate peel adhesion and tack for graphic art and protective film applications.
Visit Dow and explore solutions at LABELEXPO Southeast Asia
Company experts are on hand at LABELEXPO Southeast Asia, Booth A25, "Innovation Inspired by You" to discuss how Dow's release coatings and adhesives fulfill the present and future needs of customers, and key global and regional industry players.
The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) combines science and technology knowledge to develop premier materials science solutions that are essential to human progress. Dow has one of the strongest and broadest toolkits in the industry, with robust technology, asset integration, scale and competitive capabilities that enable it to address complex global issues. Dow's market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of advanced materials, industrial intermediates, and plastics businesses deliver a broad range of differentiated technology-based products and solutions for customers in high-growth markets such as packaging, infrastructure, and consumer care. Dow is a subsidiary of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form three strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty sectors. More information can be found at www.dow.com.
For further information contact: