Can your coolant last up to 25 years?
Whether you need ethylene glycol (EG)-based coolants, propylene glycol (PG)-based coolants or system cleaning and degreasing agents, we have a product designed to optimize your system performance.
NORKOOL™ Industrial Coolants and AMBITROL™ Industrial Coolants are our premium heat transfer fluids for gas compression engines and line heaters. Our coolants enable long lasting and reliable coolant systems–up to 25 years or more with proper maintenance. These EG- and PG-based fluids contain anti-scaling technology and corrosion protection designed specifically for midstream applications.
We also offer a three-part system to remove foulants and help protect a newly cleaned system and coolant, including NORKOOL™ Cleaner, Degreaser and Inhibitor 224.
By working with Dow, you have access to a range of technical and analytical services to help optimize performance and address challenges of your coolant system. All customers receive an annual, complimentary coolant sample analysis to determine the health of their system, and even those not using NORKOOL or AMBITROL today can take advantage of a one-time, complimentary test.
Helpful resources for commonly asked questions
- Six steps to troubleshoot coolant foaming
- Tips to prepare your system for winter months
- Interpreting ASTM standards for corrosion rates
- Choosing a coolant concentration to optimize performance
- Challenges of extended life or long life coolants in a compressor system
- Selecting a coolant for high-speed and slow-speed reciprocating engines
- Choosing a coolant for line heaters and boilers