- Why PE Pipe?
- Contact Us
Extreme Temperature Toughness
Exceptional toughness and durability help make CONTINUUM™ Bimodal Polyethylene Resins an excellent choice for long-lasting natural gas pipeline in virtually any climate. In fact, CONTINUUM HDPE and MDPE Resins often outperform industry standards, offering the following advantages for natural gas applications:
- Long service life expectancy and lower total life cycle cost
- Broad service conditions – Including high temperature / pressure performance
- Outstanding slow crack growth (SCG) resistance – CONTINUUM™ DGDA-2420 Bimodal MDPE Resin achieves more than 150 times the minimum ASTM D2513 requirement1
- Excellent rapid crack propagation (RCP) resistance at critical cold temperatures – CONTINUUM™ DGDA-2490 Bimodal HDPE Resin is are at least three times more resistant to RCP than the most demanding requirements for ISO PE100 standards1
- Potential for downgauging and/or increased throughput Extrusion into a wide range of diameters, including large diameters above 14 inches
- Installation efficiencies – Strong fusion to MDPE, HDPE, PE4710, PE80, and PE100 grades with trenchless rehabilitation capability
Use the links below to learn more about how CONTINUUM™ Bimodal Polyethylene Resins can meet or exceed the critical performance requirements of your natural gas distribution pipe applications.
1 Data per tests conducted by Dow. Test protocols and additional information available upon request.