Shaping the future of everyday mobility
Vehicles are no longer just about getting us from A to B. It’s how they get us there that continues to grow in importance. Rising consumer and regulatory demands are guiding the development of more efficient vehicles that include more efficient engine systems.
Through collaborative problem solving, we can work together to identify the solutions that will help meet your key design challenges in gas and diesel engines or HEV/EV propulsion systems. Dow silicone and fluorosilicone engineered elastomers, as well as silicone adhesives and sealants, can get the job done – reliably and cost-effectively.
SILASTIC™ brand Engineered Elastomers improve engine fluid and air delivery, reduce weight, solve NVH issues, and extend component service life with silicone and fluorosilicone elastomers.
Adhesives and Sealants from Dow increase productivity and assembly reliability, replace metal fasteners, and provide leak-free seals and gaskets with easy-to-use silicone sealing and bonding solutions.
SILASTIC™ Engineered Elastomers
- Fluorosilicone rubber (FSR) and high-consistency silicone rubber (HCR) can be used for turbocharger hoses, O-rings and quick-connect seals that are exposed to harsh temperatures and acidic gases.
- Fluoro liquid silicone rubber (F-LSR) and liquid silicone rubber (LSR) can be used for gaskets and extruded parts.
- High-consistency silicone rubber (HCR) can be used for intake manifold gaskets, engine mounts, exhaust hangers, and CVJ boots.
Adhesives and Sealants can be used as:
- Formed-in-place seals on engine components
- Thermally conductive adhesives for power and control units