Dow at Light+Building 2018 to Showcase Groundbreaking LED Lighting Applications that DOWSIL™ Products EnLIGHTen in Key Markets
Dow Performance Silicones to feature actual lighting applications in architectural, street, retail, stadium and automotive lighting, all made possible by its advanced materials
Dow Performance Silicones, a global leader in silicones, silicon-based technology and innovation, returns this year to Light+Building (Booth B85 in Hall 4.0) to showcase the transformations that it has both undergone and enabled since it last attended the event. Formerly Dow Corning, the company exhibits for the first time as part of The Dow Chemical Company’s Consumer Solutions business. It will feature at its booth several commercially successful lighting fixtures and luminaires enabled by DOWSIL™ silicone technology in order to demonstrate the groundbreaking advances Dow can bring to the most dynamic and demanding markets: architecture, street, retail, automotive and stadium illumination.
Dow Performance Silicones’ booth at Light+Building will feature a wide selection of breakthrough applications in which its DOWSIL™ Moldable Silicone technology delivered proven solutions, including:
- Architectural lighting featuring a linear lighting solution from USA-based LiliBrand, where Dow optically clear silicone potting provides protection, optical and aesthetic performance for demanding applications
- Street lighting from USA-based LSI, who used DOWSIL™ Moldable Silicones to develop a compact, lightweight, all-in-one silicone optics cluster with integrated gasket for its Mirada luminaire that now offers a IP66 rated seal against the elements without the need for an outer glass protector
- Retail lighting from France-based TRATO Lighting, in which Moldable Silicones enabled collimators with negative draft angles for state-of-the-art light beam homogeneity, as designed and patented by French lighting designer Gaggione
- Stadium lighting from Belgium-based Schréder who introduced its OmniBlast fixture with floodlight optics made out of DOWSIL™ Moldable Silicones. The fixture offers a wide range of beams for an optimal entertainment experience in sport stadiums and arenas. They ensure IP66- and IK08-ratings, and high reliability despite prolonged exposure to ultraviolet, widely cycling temperatures and high lumen densities
- Automotive lighting where Dow technology enabled Hella KGaA Hueck & Co to pioneer silicone lenses for the first ever Adaptive Drive Beam, which is now part of a Mercedes Benz headlamp
Dow’s booth will also display collimators designed by Carclo Optics that feature Dow’s recently launched, next-generation DOWSIL™ MS-4002 Moldable Silicone. The superb optical, thermal and mechanical characteristics of the material optimized the illumination performance of the collimators, which are adaptable to most standard connectors and high-intensity chip-on-board LED sources.
“We were pleased by the LED industry’s positive reception to DOWSIL™ solutions when we launched them for lighting,” said Konstantin Sobelev, global strategic marketing manager, Lighting Solutions at Dow. “After winning multiple awards and enabling countless LED design breakthroughs, however, these materials are no longer the lighting designer’s best kept secret. They’ve become the material of choice for the most complexly shaped and demanding LED optics applications, and we look forward to Light+Building where we can share dozens of the success stories enLIGHTened by these high-performance materials.”
A market leader in materials, expertise and collaborative innovation, Dow brings decades of industry-leading experience in encapsulating, assembling, sealing and protecting today’s most advanced LED lighting applications. Exemplifying Dow’s commitment and drive to keep innovating is our recently launched DOWSIL™ CC-3122 conformal coating – the first product in what will be a new portfolio of high-performance, fast-curing, solvent-free coatings for printed circuit boards (PCBs) for lighting and other applications.
Scheduled to run from March 18 to 23 at Messe Frankfurt, in Frankfurt, Germany, Light+Building is the world’s leading trade fair for architecture, lighting and technology. Dow Performance Silicones’ expert lighting team will be on hand at booth B85 in Hall 4.0 to discuss the unique design flexibilities, proven reliability and simpler processability enabled by DOWSIL™ Moldable Silicones technology as well as the company’s portfolio of proven assembly solutions for LED lamps and luminaries.
About Dow Performance Silicones
Performance Silicones, a unit within Dow’s Consumer Solutions business, delivers a portfolio of performance-enhancing solutions to serve the diverse needs of customers and industries around the world. From transportation and lighting to building and construction and chemical manufacturing, Dow’s Performance Silicones business helps our customers solve their most challenging problems. As a global leader in innovation and silicon-based technology, we are committed to bringing new solutions to the market that do more for our customers and continue to improve the lives of consumers worldwide. Visit www.consumer.dow.com to learn more.
The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) combines science and technology knowledge to develop premier materials science solutions that are essential to human progress. Dow has one of the strongest and broadest toolkits in the industry, with robust technology, asset integration, scale and competitive capabilities that enable it to address complex global issues. Dow’s market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of advanced materials, industrial intermediates, and plastics businesses deliver a broad range of differentiated technology-based products and solutions for customers in high-growth markets such as packaging, infrastructure, and consumer care. Dow is a subsidiary of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form three strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty sectors. More information can be found at www.dow.com.
For further information contact:
Dow Performance Silicones
AH&M Marketing Communications
+1.413.448.2260, Ext. 200