DOW CORNING™ offers a line of unique pharmaceutical excipients specifically developed for use in topical healthcare formulations. To ensure safe use in pharmaceutical formulations, these excipients are produced using key principles of pharmaceutical cGMPs.
By improving the bioavailability of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and the sensory profile, our versatile range of silicone excipients can help you improve the efficacy of topical pharmaceutical formulations and patient compliance. DOW CORNING™ brand topical pharmaceutical excipients are composed of silicone-based materials that enable innovative formulation solutions for the efficient delivery of APIs in topical forms like creams, lotions, gels, ointments, sprays or sticks. These solutions enable aesthetically appealing formulations to make finished pharmaceutical dosage forms easier to apply and more pleasant to use.
Choose the right silicone excipient for your formulation
- Volatile Excipients: Clear, colorless solutions commonly used as base fluid in topical formulations because of volatility, spreading and sensory benefits, including smooth, dry, non-greasy feel on the skin.
- Fluids: Clear, colorless polydimethylsiloxane fluid used in a range of dermatological treatments to provide emolliency, ease of spreading, smooth feel, long-lasting lubrication and reduced tackiness.
- Blends: Silicone emollients for creams and gels delivering a range of benefits including, reduced tackiness, smooth and lubricious feel and long-lasting substantivity.
- Waxes: Used in a range of dermatological treatments due to its broad compatibility with organic and silicone materials and semi-occlusive property.
- Emulsifiers: Commonly used in a range of dermatological treatments, our silicone emulsifier solutions are designed to prepare water-in-oil emulsions or water in silicone and organic oil emulsions to provide stable W/O emulsions and formulation flexibility.