Monica Montes Alvarez
Lead EH&S Delivery Manager
Business: Hydrocarbons Group
Project Team: PSI
Mónica, is the Operations Leader for Octene-1 & TA North Utilities and is responsible for:
- Excellence in EH&S Performance in Tarragona Hydrocarbons Plants. Spread and consolidate EH&S Culture and mindset in all Operations, Maintenance and Improvement organizations.
- Octene-1 and Utilities People Management.
- Lead Octene and Utilities organizations to optimize the plants performance, mainly focused on increasing yield and reducing energy consumption maintaining reliability
Prior to being named Octene-1 Operations Leader, she has developed several roles:
- Tarragona North Hydrocarbons EH&S Delivery Leader
- Excellence in EH&S Performance in Tarragona Hydrocarbons Plants ( TA-1 Cracker, Octene-1 and Marine Terminal) to achieve Zero Reportable Events
- Team Member EMEA LCS Implementation Team
- Tarragona Cracker 2012 Turnaround Operations Coordinator
- Define the procedures, decommissioning and C&SU strategy
- Define and lead Operations Organization in the different phases of TA
- Lead the preparation of a consistent Cracker Work Inventory List (TA scope)
- Tarragona Cracker Production Coordinator and Asset Capability Focal Point
- Drive the organization to close AC gaps, leading project identification and budget distribution
- Cracker Focal Point to Supply Chain, Repsol and Derivatives plants and Operational Contact FP with Repsol.
- Start-up & Shutdown Leader.
- Sr Run plant Engineer for Cracker Hot Section & Utilities
- Optimize section plant Performance, aligned with EH&S requirements and AC target
- Hot Section Improvement Engineer
- Develop Projects in Hot section
Mónica earned her MSc Degree in Chemical Engineering from University of Oviedo (Asturias, Spain)